Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2016, 09:16 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxyeti View Post
Hi

I found the snippet on the mychinamoto forum

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ight=zhongshen

Already photographed a baby RX3, the RX1
I like this quote: Zongshen has its act together, by 2018 they will be much more recognized. They plan on offering their NC450 single in the RX and it may end up in the RZ too? They are developing twins and plans are for up to 850cc.

Their water-cooled PY200 has decent power output, it will likely show up in the ZII in addition to the RX1. They are not off on prices either, typically the Chinese get overly enthusiastic on prices

Sounds good for future hp prospects.

Linux, thanks for research
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-05-2016, 06:37 PM   #32

I bet this guy wished he had the small light cheap RX3 after his long day on the 1200GS. $20k+ dropped five or more times has got to make you sick.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #33

Thanks for sharing, Tiger12XC. Geez... that must be tiring to have to pick up an R12GS time and time again. He's persistent, that's for sure. But I agree... the RX3 is lighter and I'm not afraid of having to pick up the bike as I'm confident I can do it alone.

Here's another vide of an R12GS rider going through mud puddles. Some are pretty darned deep! Not sure I'd be doing that alone in case I hurt myself or flood the engine, but kudos to that rider for his sense of adventure.

[youtube]y8eXNa6616Q[/youtube]

Old 06-06-2016, 07:27 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger12XC View Post
I bet this guy wished he had the small light cheap RX3 after his long day on the 1200GS. $20k+ dropped five or more times has got to make you sick.

This is what made me find the RX3 and the TT250. I'm tired of picking up my big bitch. The first video there that guy didn't have the proper tires for that, and I'm guessing he also wasn't quite tall enough to ride the big girl.

The GS really do well, if you know how to ride (I do not claim to be able to ride!) but it's all about the angles. I have caught mine with a leg out many times, but if it's gotten to a certain degree of tip over, I can't adjust my foot to be able to pick it up, so I end up just setting it down before I blow out my spleen. The last time I dropped my BMW it cost me $500 in parts. Granted, totally my fault, but that is what made me look for a lighter, smaller bike for my woods exploration. I found revzilla talking about the tt250, and then it brought me to find the RX3 -- So I bought both. the RX3 is mainly for my wife, to ride with me when I'm on my GS for the lighter trails. I am surprised by just how nice that RX3 is! It's soooo light!

As for being usable in the USA -- I live in new england, lots of hills, everywhere. I did not change the gearing on that RX3 and am surprised by how much fun it really is. It is NOT a highway cruiser, however I have no issue doing 3-4 exits down an interstate to get back onto proper nice backroads.

Dave aka Ghan

Old 06-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #35

Big enough?

Like 'most everything else....it depends. I would not choose the Zong for a coast to coast ride, others are doing exactly that. So far I have had a couple longer weekend rides, 300-400 round trip. Highway speed is no problem for the RX3. That equates to about 6,000 rpm at 55-60 mph. I need to downshift to 5th for steep hills but the bike never seems to complain. Being light the bike does react more to cross winds. On the other hand, country roads with lots of twisting/turning terrain...or gravel...this is where my bike shines. Last weekend I spent two days riding in West Virginia. Of the 200-230 miles there were 30 of gravel forest service roads and most of the rest was on really tight one lane country roads. I was going 30-50 mph much of the time and having a wonderful time. On gravel/dirt I found myself staying in 3rd gear most of the time with enough torque to modulate through the turns and up most inclines...standing on the pegs all the time. A larger bike would have been much less fun. I did trailer the bike out to WV because 6-7 hours of Interstate each way would have made the trip not worth the effort.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:46 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
Thanks for sharing, Tiger12XC. Geez... that must be tiring to have to pick up an R12GS time and time again. He's persistent, that's for sure. But I agree... the RX3 is lighter and I'm not afraid of having to pick up the bike as I'm confident I can do it alone.

Here's another vide of an R12GS rider going through mud puddles. Some are pretty darned deep! Not sure I'd be doing that alone in case I hurt myself or flood the engine, but kudos to that rider for his sense of adventure.

Thanks for sharing the video this scares the hell out of me riding my 580 lb TEX alone on the backroads. Now the RX3 I have dropped a few times on a muddy road and picked it up straight away no strain. I dropped my TEX in the gravel driveway trying to turn it arround and had to get the neighbor to help me pick it up. My 5'2" wife dropped her rx3 in a ditch in a downpour and had it up and out of the ditch before I could turn around to help her.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:56 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Like 'most everything else....it depends. I would not choose the Zong for a coast to coast ride, others are doing exactly that. So far I have had a couple longer weekend rides, 300-400 round trip. Highway speed is no problem for the RX3. That equates to about 6,000 rpm at 55-60 mph. I need to downshift to 5th for steep hills but the bike never seems to complain. Being light the bike does react more to cross winds. On the other hand, country roads with lots of twisting/turning terrain...or gravel...this is where my bike shines. Last weekend I spent two days riding in West Virginia. Of the 200-230 miles there were 30 of gravel forest service roads and most of the rest was on really tight one lane country roads. I was going 30-50 mph much of the time and having a wonderful time. On gravel/dirt I found myself staying in 3rd gear most of the time with enough torque to modulate through the turns and up most inclines...standing on the pegs all the time. A larger bike would have been much less fun. I did trailer the bike out to WV because 6-7 hours of Interstate each way would have made the trip not worth the effort.
I agree the big bikes are great for those 1000 mile weekend trips across three states but the RX3 is simply more enjoyable everywhere else. We just got back from a 600 mile 4 day trip on the blue bonnet trail Texas Hill Country and never had to get on the interstate. But we did on the return trip as rain was threatening us. That said in Texas the speed limit on some two lane back roads is 70-75 so getting on the interstate is safer in some cases.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:18 PM   #38

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-06-2016, 12:26 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
It is so nice out your way I'm in Houston and all we have to look forward to is more rain and flooding.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #40

Now, I have the hawk rather than the RX3, I don't know that there's a need to go to a 650, but something around 400 in between would allow for a good compromise between light weight and a bit more power for those times when it's needed. none of these things are really built for the interstate droning that we do here in the states. the RX3 would probably be good for the back roads combinations a bit better than the hawk. I'd like to have something that I could run 70 with and be able to maintain the speed going up hill. that's the part that bothers me the most.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:06 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger12XC View Post
It is so nice out your way I'm in Houston and all we have to look forward to is more rain and flooding.
i have been thinking about you folks back east (east texas that is, ha). i saw where Brenham tx and washington co. tx got 22" of rainfall last week. and of course in the summer , it rains every afternoon somewhere in houston. I have relatives that are put out of there home from simonton tx. yes we have been getting slow beneficial rainfall for a change.

that was a stock internet photo just felt like posting.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:38 PM   #42

Well, if you *need* to ride long distance at a high velocity yet still want the Cyclone when you arrive at the destination, perhaps something like this built on a Gold Wing?

Old 06-11-2016, 01:08 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post

Hell no! I would enjoy that about as much as being the designated "catcher" in a game of roshambo....

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-11-2016, 01:29 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Hell no! I would enjoy that about as much as being the designated "catcher" in a game of ro sham bo....
Who catches in a game of Rock Paper Scissors?

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Hell no! I would enjoy that about as much as being the designated "catcher" in a game of roshambo....
Your a nut