Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2016, 05:46 PM   #1411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
One of the better upgrades on our Bashan was slapping on a Trail Tech Digital Speedo/Tachometer
I like the look of the msjef speedo, but I had a trail tech vapor laying around, waiting for my other bike.
I just need something that functions.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:00 PM   #1412

So today I got to check out my friends TT250 all afternoon by working on it. I have an 2015 RX3. He was having trouble with dead battery ,blown fuse , and burned out headlight. He left for the weekend to go camping with his young family and left me the keys to tinker with it. Was able to reroute speedo cable and front brake line like suggested here on forum. Replaced head lamp, charged battery and gave it a test ride around town and down the highway.
I'm thinking the battery may be weak/bad. I tested the charging system following the tutorial and calling Gerry and it seems in spec.
I'm thinking low battery caused stress on the rest of charging system which blew head light and fuse ???? Didn't blow anything when riding so not sure what caused the blown fuse. Maybe Noob tinkering ??????
I'd say cruising is around 50mph, But took it up to 55-60 on freeway with a tail wind. Was buzzing rpm wise. Has 500 miles on it so think it's still tight. Went through parking lots hitting front break hard to seat it in better for him.
It's a lot easier working on it then my RX3 as far as things being assessable and easy to get to. Not near as good a road bike as the heavier RX3 and I realize they are designed for 2 different purposes. Probably way better in the gravel and dirt riding then the RX3. TT250 would be a great around town ,run to the hills bike and work commuter for us small town folk.
I think I'll go get it and bring it to my house and leave the trickle on it all night. Then check voltages tomorrow.
Me want both. rj

Old 07-31-2016, 01:06 AM   #1413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
One of the better upgrades on our Bashan was slapping on a Trail Tech Digital Speedo/Tachometer
Did you have any problems with the tach readings?

The little trail tech tach I was using worked well.
But the vapor tach is not reading very well, and stops reading when revving.

Edit:I think I found the right placement for the tach wire now.
Just had to ignore the instructions...

Last edited by celswick13; 07-31-2016 at 02:25 AM.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:07 PM   #1414

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddthought View Post
That sounds friggin' wonderful. I like that idea a lot! I'm on the short side for a bike like this and while I don't mind putting only toes down on both sides, it'd be a lot easier to teach my wife to ride if she could put both feet down at once.
I have one on order.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-31-2016, 06:54 PM   #1415

Hey guys/gals,
I posted a vid of my TT250 if any of you are interested in the bike. I put on a different exhaust so if your on the fence for that, watch the vid and then click "buy it now"!

Old 07-31-2016, 10:32 PM   #1416

Quote:
Originally Posted by celswick13 View Post
Did you have any problems with the tach readings?

The little trail tech tach I was using worked well.
But the vapor tach is not reading very well, and stops reading when revving.

Edit:I think I found the right placement for the tach wire now.
Just had to ignore the instructions...
I believe I remember Az saying something about having to direct connect the tach wire vs rapping the wire around the coil wire or something to get it to behave on his bashan 200. I'm sure he will chime in here soon.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-01-2016, 12:22 AM   #1417

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I believe I remember Az saying something about having to direct connect the tach wire vs rapping the wire around the coil wire or something to get it to behave on his bashan 200. I'm sure he will chime in here soon.
I had it right on the spade terminal for the coil, and it was still misbehaving.

In the end, I found a spot that worked. I wrapped it around the plug boot itself.
It's the same way I had the mini tach. I just figured that I would try going by the instructions, or that the coil signal would have worked better.

Either way, It works now. I just hooked up the speed sensor and hope to have everything tucked and the front back together tonight.

I'm waiting for a couple of minor things from csc, then plan to wrap the exhaust and cut a new standoff for it from a nylon rod.
This, but a 1/4" longer.

Also have some new bars!

Old 08-01-2016, 08:50 AM   #1418

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Me want both. rj
That's what I did! It's cool to have both. I kinda want an RC3 as well to complete the trifecta, but I can't in good conscious buy a non liter "sport" bike.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:51 PM   #1419

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
The reason I had to do that was because of the C.O.P. Ignition set-up I have on the Bashan

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:06 PM   #1420

Thumbs Up

celswick13... looking good
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-01-2016, 04:22 PM   #1421

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
I have one on order.
Mrs. 2LZ is very interested in this once I showed her...and then showed her what a nice job Seat Concepts did on my RX3 tall seat. Nice stitching and upholstery work, for sure.
Problem is she's pretty ok with the stock seat too. We'll see how she likes it after I finally have it off the rack and she puts more miles on it. She can't "flat foot" but she does ok.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-03-2016, 02:06 AM   #1422

My bike is back together.
New bars, trail tech speedo, new exhaust with exhaust wrap.
The bikes finally hit, then broke 60mph. I only went one exit down and hit about 62, with some room left on the throttle. I think could do 65.
I had the GPS out to calibrate the speedo, which I'm still tweaking.
So the old speedo was definitely off by at least 5mph, because the exhaust and removing the airbox lid would not have increased the top end by 10+mph.
The acceleration is markedly improved and it finally has the power to pull the hill two blocks over.
The 115 jet seems correct so far, but I'll examine the sparkplug after more pulls.
The exhaust has slight popping on deceleration. Sounds cool, but might be a sign of something.

Anyways, I'm happy with the bike now.
Pretty good deal considering I wrecked it only a week ago.

I'm happy with my standoff and the distance it moves the exhaust out. I plan to find a way to re-mount the muffler cover, which will hide the bracket and standoff.

Exhaust wrap on the front half.

And the nice new bars, and Vapor speedo.

Last edited by celswick13; 08-08-2016 at 03:40 AM.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:36 PM   #1423

Just did my first oil change (a little late) and flushed/replaced the front brake fluid. The brake lever feels 100% better. Oil change was super easy, had a metallic/milky look that others have described, screen only had a couple pieces of debris. Shifting is noticeably smoother with the new oil, put in 10w40 4 stroke Valvoline oil.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:06 AM   #1424

Also as 2LZ and others have noted, don't even TRY to take out the front master cylinder reservoir screws out unless you have an impact driver, with a regular Phillips they wouldn't budge and I felt the metal starting to strip, switched over to my impact driver and got them out in one whack each.

Last edited by ughmas; 08-08-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:53 AM   #1425

Glad to hear all of the great TT250 reports! These things are a hoot. Celswick13, that black muffler looks GREAT on the white bike!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350