Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2011, 02:03 AM   #16

Hey Doc,.. Would like to verify that i want all the parts you mentioned and the price is fair. I have sent 3 PM's but apparently there is a glitch in the reply post?
I will send payment through paypal for fast shipping. What would the time frame be to Myrtle Beach,SC 29588?
Also, where might one aquire the proper tools for removal of the stator assembly? I do have a flywheel puller but not a spanner wrench.? Any info on this would greatly be appreciated Im so excited about breathing life back into the ZONGSHEN!!!! . Thanks So much,
Bobby 2:00am thursday morning

Old 01-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #17

I gave a list of tools in my PM to you, I hope it went through....

No flywheel puller needed. You just need some sockets (deep well for one bolt ad I recall) and metric Allen wrenches a soldering iron and some shrink tubing and a heat source and a gasket to install the stator.

I'll give you my phone number to talk you through any troble you may run into, it's really an easy job if you take your time.

I'll ship as soon as the Paypal goes through.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:38 AM   #18

Hey Doc,.. wanted to let you know i sent a Pm with my addy on it and also that you should have recieved the paypal payment as of yesterday Jan 28th 2:30pm
Let me know, thanks Doc/.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #19

The parts shipped out early this morning. Let me know when you are ready for the install and call me on the phone I'll talk you through it.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #20

Thanks Doc,.. i appreciate your promptness on the parts. Something must really be wrong with the Pm thing,..?
Will i need a new gasket for the stator or could i use the old one? The bike only has 400 miles on it, shame to say.
Im having difficulty ditsinguishing the time difference between what the site says you sent the Pm and when i got it? Doesnt even make sense.. where on earth are you located..lol Didnt think there was but only a 3 hour time diff in here and Cali? Thanks Doc,.... got a tracking number for me so ill know when to expect it? Bobby 1:56am saturday morning

Old 01-29-2011, 02:00 AM   #21

Says you sent me the message at 7:03am saturday 29th.....How on earth could that be? It is 1:59am 29th saturday here.............. Lol im confused on the time zone? Help me out Doc..... 8O

Old 01-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #22

nukeman99, maybe your profile settings need to be tweaked. Click on Profile at the top of the page, and scroll down to the time zone section.

As an example, I've set mine to GMT -8, which means I'm eight hours behind Greenwich Mean Time. That's the correct setting for the Pacific time zone during non-daylight savings. During daylight savings, the correct setting would be GMT -7.

Hope that helps.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #23

Yes. I am -5 for the Eastern Time zone.

Allen

Old 01-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #24

We pilots use the same universal time setting, we call it Zulu. GMT.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:22 AM   #25

Thanks fellows for the info on the time zone....thought i was losing it there for a minute!! Doc,. do you have a tracking number so i can track when it should arrrive? Or did you send it through mail? Did you say youre a pilot? Awesome! I took an A&P course a few years back , i love being around airplanes!

Old 01-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #26

Sorry the tracking number is at the house and I never got arond to sending it to you. I will get it to you tonight but I would expect the package tomorrow.

I'm a private pilot, with a commercial rating, and certificates for single engine land and sea, and complex and high performance airplanes. I thought about getting my A&P (Airframe and Powerplant (mechanic))also, but never had the time. It is something I may wish to pursue when I 'retire'. :P

Bill