Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2024, 01:54 PM   #1

RX3 Production Discontinued

Kind of a sad day, given this news from the ExhaustNotes blog:

https://exhaustnotes.us/blog/index.p...oduction-ends/

RX3 production by Zongshen has ended and CSC has sold all of their remaining RX3 stock. I'm sorry to see production end on the bike that pretty much kick-started the small bore adventure market in the US. Without the RX3, I doubt that we would have the plethora of small bore adventure bikes (390 Adventure, Versys 300 X, G 310 GS, IBEX 450, Himalayan) to choose from that we have today.

It still surprises me to this day that it took a small boutique American motorcycle manufacturer and a Chinese engine supplier to prove to the world that there was demand for adventure motorcycles that didn't have litre plus sized engines and weighed less than 500 lbs.

It was a great ride while it lasted, time to crack open a cold one and give a salute to the RX3.

Old 03-28-2024, 03:13 PM   #2

Good riddance. That bike brought the rest of CSCs offerings down. The fit, finish, and reliability was miles below the rest of CSCs bikes. It was old chinese tech with poor metallurgy. The bike had serious flaws that were never fixed even though it was sold for 9 years. In 2016 CSC knew if you put a dual sport tire on it, the tire smacked the airbox and would crack it wide open. There was never a fix. A 1 inch longer swingarm would have fixed the problem entirely, but instead we got a bigger front rim. They knew some bikes had valve recession problems, and sold them anyways. When we replaced our heads (some of us under warranty, many not) the heads they sent us were as bad or worse, likely all from the same bad batch. And all this information is well documented on the Internet for anyone to find. No other bike that CSC sells has serious problems like that, and the fact they were still selling them was a liability IMO. So I'm actually glad to see them gone. I want CSC to succeed, and the RX3 was holding them back.

Granted, it wouldn't be holding them back so much if they had listened to customers and fixed the bike's problems 7 or 8 years ago, but they didn't do that. So dumping the bike is the right solution for 2024.

Charles.