Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2020, 09:36 AM   #1

I forgot to mention, my first tank of gas that I calculated the mileage came in at 54mpg. That was 3.5 gallons used over 189 miles and the tank had quite a bit left in it. The tank is rated at 4 gallons, but it holds more than that. I’m estimating 4.5 gallons counting the reserve. I put 4 gallons in it the first time I added gas and it wasn’t all that close to the top of the tank.

That mileage includes ripping around at 3/4 throttle or more in stop and go traffic and one country ride down some 2 lane at 55-60mph.

I have no doubt I’d see 60+ on the highway, especially after I change this sprocket Monday. That’s a huge improvement over the 9-10 city and 14 mpg highway my 4” lifted Hemi Ram on 35s gets and it’s how I justified the bike’s purchase to myself.
K&N pod air filter, removed cat, 105 main jet, 36 tooth rear sprocket, RK racing 428 chain, oil cooler, NGK plug, bar risers, aftermarket mirrors, Grab On grip covers, phone mount/charger, Pro Grip tank protector, Chase Harper tank, tail, and saddle bags.