Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #16

The build quality of the Kayos is not bad next to a CRf230 which is chinese parts build in Brazil.. CRF 230 is a far cry from a CRF250.

At least here, the Kayo K6 is the cheapest way to get a motorcycle for motocross racing. For the price point (here) is either you get a K6 or an abused Ktm, CRF250 from 2010...

Old 07-01-2020, 09:27 PM   #17

That CB engine is it should be same as the Apollo and if you have 6 gears there’s no room for a kicker, one or other and I’d say 6 is better.
It’s still an old engine compared to the several others that are out recently like 249cc balance n 6 spd in another bike or the 249cc 4 valve etc

Old 07-02-2020, 12:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
That CB engine is it should be same as the Apollo and if you have 6 gears there’s no room for a kicker, one or other and I’d say 6 is better.
It’s still an old engine compared to the several others that are out recently like 249cc balance n 6 spd in another bike or the 249cc 4 valve etc
are these engines available on the after market?
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 07-02-2020, 12:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
are these engines available on the after market?
Yes, there have been a few threads about them, and this is a recent thread with a link:
http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=26772

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-02-2020, 01:31 PM   #20

That's a non-balance shaft motor. I think he was referring to what NZ posted. I haven't heard anything about those motors in the States or Europe (unless the 4 valver is liquid-cooled).

Old 07-03-2020, 05:55 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
That's a non-balance shaft motor. I think he was referring to what NZ posted. I haven't heard anything about those motors in the States or Europe (unless the 4 valver is liquid-cooled).
Air cooled 19kw
But unless you buy a bunch ...
Or what to do when you need parts...

Old 07-03-2020, 06:38 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
Looks good,but I'd drop another $1k and get a crf230 if I was spending that kind of cash
I have been noticing this with some of the chinese bikes, the prices on some are getting to close to the bikes we grew up knowing.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina Ditch View Post
I have been noticing this with some of the chinese bikes, the prices on some are getting to close to the bikes we grew up knowing.
That's because they are using newer technology and somewhat better parts.

The K6 i posted is a SOHC 249cc 4 valves, EFI, water cooled, 30 HP. Yes still weaker than a CRF250R that has about 40hp.. But the K6 is half the price of a CRF250r

If you compare these chinese motorcycle to their japanese counterpart they are still cheap motorcycles.
But if you compare them to a chinese cg enduro, then yes they will be expensive.

Last edited by Wild Dog; 07-03-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Old 07-06-2020, 07:15 PM   #24

So I just spoke with the rep at Kayo again........ super nice and helpful! Recapping some things that were pointed out:

FastAce suspension(nitro)
28mm Nibbi carb
Red Sticker CA approved
520H chain
13/45 sprockets
2.4A Lion battery
Aluminum wheels
Aluminum swingarm
SUBSTANTIAL spokes(my words as this is something i noticed on the one i test drove!)
7075 Alum handlebar
2.5 gallon fuel tank

Oddly when I asked if the engine was Honda CRF230 based they actually said it was more along the lines of Yamaha technology????

Initially I was going to dismiss the Kayo T4 due to lack of functioning fuel gauge but found out that the Orion RXB doesn't have this either so that's a wash for both on street driving convenience. bigger tank on the T4 of course though. Quite a price difference but there are a few upgrades on the T4 over the RXB also.

Now, comparing to Pitster/GPX........ the pricing would end up being a wash(actually better in favor of the Kayo) for me compared to the XTR T4 due to shipping as my dealer quoted me $34xx OUT THE DOOR for the Kayo.

If I could just confirm that the engine is modeled off another popular engine like the CRF230 then i would be even more interested.

Old 07-06-2020, 08:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Dragon View Post

Oddly when I asked if the engine was Honda CRF230 based they actually said it was more along the lines of Yamaha technology????

I think they said that because they may want to set the Kayo as far away from the CG engines..
You know so people don't go and spread incorrect info like "Oh 3500 for an OHV engine ohhh no boy!!" Because a lot of people seems to think that Honda is the same as OHV when it comes small cc....

The engine on the Kayo T4 is a CB design.

Old 07-06-2020, 11:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Dragon View Post
So I just spoke with the rep at Kayo again........ super nice and helpful! Recapping some things that were pointed out:

FastAce suspension(nitro)
28mm Nibbi carb
Red Sticker CA approved
520H chain
13/45 sprockets
2.4A Lion battery
Aluminum wheels
Aluminum swingarm
SUBSTANTIAL spokes(my words as this is something i noticed on the one i test drove!)
7075 Alum handlebar
2.5 gallon fuel tank

Initially I was going to dismiss the Kayo T4 due to lack of functioning fuel gauge but found out that the Orion RXB doesn't have this either so that's a wash for both on street driving convenience. bigger tank on the T4 of course though. Quite a price difference but there are a few upgrades on the T4 over the RXB also.

Now, comparing to Pitster/GPX........ the pricing would end up being a wash(actually better in favor of the Kayo) for me compared to the XTR T4 due to shipping as my dealer quoted me $34xx OUT THE DOOR for the Kayo.

If I could just confirm that the engine is modeled off another popular engine like the CRF230 then i would be even more interested.
You know you want to get this bike! You will be our guinea pig, but I couldn't imagine this having any fatal flaws where you would regret the purchase. Since it is more in like with PP/GPX pricing, it makes for a good argument to lean that way as opposed to regret spending over a grand more than the RXB.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-07-2020, 11:52 AM   #27

Thanks for the info. Red Sticker. Drat.....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-07-2020, 05:24 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Thanks for the info. Red Sticker. Drat.....
Several Pitster Pro/GPX bikes are in the same boat as far as CARB goes. Including that new mini Grom-like-vehicle with either the 140 or 190 engine.

Were you ever able to clarify the Red Sticker and if there is any loophole depending on where you ride it in California? There might be a loophole at least down this way near Yuma on BLM (not the BLM that appropriated the name, but the actual one that looks after certain federal) land. There is a wide swath of BLM land just across the state line in California that is not patrolled by California authorities. Numerous people residing in the Yuma area ride motorcycles, quads, S x S, etc. that I am sure do not have California stickers. That might be the loophole?

Sorry to hijack, back to the Kayo T4 which can obtain a Red Sticker...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-07-2020, 11:37 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Several Pitster Pro/GPX bikes are in the same boat as far as CARB goes. Including that new mini Grom-like-vehicle with either the 140 or 190 engine.

Were you ever able to clarify the Red Sticker and if there is any loophole depending on where you ride it in California? There might be a loophole at least down this way near Yuma on BLM (not the BLM that appropriated the name, but the actual one that looks after certain federal) land. There is a wide swath of BLM land just across the state line in California that is not patrolled by California authorities. Numerous people residing in the Yuma area ride motorcycles, quads, S x S, etc. that I am sure do not have California stickers. That might be the loophole?

Sorry to hijack, back to the Kayo T4 which can obtain a Red Sticker...
I'm not worried about sticker color as much as when I see a street legal dual sport, is it able to be plated for the street here in CA. Seems there are still only the TT250 and XF250.
Someone has to break that barrier someday. Tons of money here to be had.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #30

The Kayo T4 may have just moved up on my list of which motorcycle to buy! I was just messaging Joe Henner('The RXB guy') and he himself is familiar with Kayo and has even considered becoming a dealer. Better yet, he indicated that all of his performance parts will work on the T4!

Now, unless I find a really good deal on a 2018+ Kawasaki KLX250(EFI would be nice!), the T4 might be the one.