Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2016, 10:32 AM   #1

Hawk licensing in Michigan

I received my Hawk in June but was waylaid by back surgery in getting it assembled and licensed. Thankfully, surgery went well and I am up and mobile....Been working on the bike off and on and finally have it assembled and test rode. All is well. Last week I went to Sec of State office and had no problems getting it plated. The MCO arrived a week after the bike and it had it listed as "Enduro" in the type. SoS plated it as "motorcycle" and after paying a late fee of $30 (because I didn't register it within 10 days of purchase) plus plating costs, I was on my way. No issues here.....

My initial impressions of the bike is it is exactly what I needed. Rides super smooth, shifts well, etc...Granted I only put 10 miles on it as I still have another month of healing before I can get back to a normal life but I am well pleased.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:56 AM   #2

Welcome aboard

These China Enduro bikes are perfect for what they are, inexpensive transportation that will get you darn near anywhere you point your front tire

I'm still trying to talk the Mrs. into getting a 2 pack of HAWKs, great bikes for the price

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:23 AM   #3

Welcome! Terribly sorry to hear about your back troubles; I hope you heal quickly.
When convenient, pics of your new Hawk would be great.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-08-2016, 09:33 AM   #4

I'm glad the registration went well for you. I'm looking at ordering one myself and hadn't seen that anyone had registered in MI.

Ride safe,
Dan

Old 09-08-2016, 01:55 PM   #5

For any one with back problems a hawk or for that matter just about any dirt bike is the answer. I have my shocks set as soft as possible with out bottoming. Street machines for the most part don't have a cushy enough ride until you get into the big heavy weights and then its the cost and weight that kills them for me. I seldom go off road but do ride a dirt road for a couple miles to get to pavement and my back can tell the difference.

Old 09-12-2016, 12:16 PM   #6

Pic of my Hawk

Just a pic of my Hawk. Test ride went well. No problems. Super smooth ride with the road tires I installed. Well pleased with my purchase. I sold my Rowdy scooter because it aggravated my back/neck issue. This was sorta my last hope before giving up riding. I have my fingers crossed but so far so good....Name:  hawk.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  98.6 KB

Old 09-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #7

Those tires look great, what is the brand and size?

Old 09-12-2016, 09:13 PM   #8

Hawk tires

Thanks. The tires are Kenda Challengers. Rear is 110/90-18 and the front is 90/100-21. They installed without any issues.

Old 09-16-2016, 02:08 AM   #9

Michigan Title

Sounds great about the Michigan title! Mine is a few hours from done.. Anybody know where a 12" long bracket that looks like a 1/4 diameter rod that look like handle bars with holes drilled on the ends and a off center tab welded to it with a welded nut on it.. Any clues anybody?? I'm Stumped!

Old 09-16-2016, 02:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptchenot View Post
Sounds great about the Michigan title! Mine is a few hours from done.. Anybody know where a 12" long bracket that looks like a 1/4 diameter rod that look like handle bars with holes drilled on the ends and a off center tab welded to it with a welded nut on it.. Any clues anybody?? I'm Stumped!
This piece ?

http://imgur.com/a/c3wVQ

If that's what you are talking about it was discussed here

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17385

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.