Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #1186

Jay...I was hoping those were big air conditioning vents.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #1187

Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman77 View Post
Put 400 watt bluetooth speaker on today

But it is a 100° today and did not get to hit the trail but at least got some moding in
you guys are killing me! First, those ARE a nice brace of bikes
second, gawd are you guys in the medical services field? seen hospitals that weren't as clean as your garages! LOL
400 watt speakers? jesus! I remember an entertainer guy who specialized in vocalizing/impersonating all manner of sounds through a microphone and speakers behind the grill of his car. . was funny as hell when he'd drive past a cop giving someone a ticket on the side of the road, and he would let loose with what sounded exactly like screeching tires then a multiple car pileup! one time the poor cop just dove across the offenders hood trying to get out of the way to come up a second later searching for the accident that never happened lol. That guy was insanely good but I don't remember him using anything near 400 watts LOL
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-03-2016, 05:01 PM   #1188

All the TT's look great! Man....after all this waiting!

Mrs. 2LZ and I hit the trail this morning. I wanted to get to 100 so I could change the oil. I can tell you, she had a blast! We put on about 50 miles of just windy back roads so she could do the break-in style of riding. So far she likes it!

Of course, always plan a stop in a spot that has a clean outhouse..... ;-) The second pic is one of our usual rest stops along Sutter Creek. Brick outhouse in the background has yet not to be "clean enough". It's the important stuff, you know!

Neutral does come easier after 100 miles or so and some fresh oil. Good luck until then.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 03-27-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:02 PM   #1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
second, gawd are you guys in the medical services field? seen hospitals that weren't as clean as your garages! LOL
400 watt speakers? jesus! I remember an entertainer guy who specialized in vocalizing/impersonating all manner of sounds through a microphone and speakers behind the grill of his car. . was funny as hell when he'd drive past a cop giving someone a ticket on the side of the road, and he would let loose with what sounded exactly like screeching tires then a multiple car pileup! one time the poor cop just dove across the offenders hood trying to get out of the way to come up a second later searching for the accident that never happened lol. That guy was insanely good but I don't remember him using anything near 400 watts LOL
That is funny I spent first hour putting together that new shelve to get everything off floor it was a huge mess and the 18 foot pool was going up this summer but we had twins and it would be a waist of time we would never be able to get in it wish it was up now maybe next year

Old 07-03-2016, 06:47 PM   #1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Jay...I was hoping those were big air conditioning vents.
If it gets any hotter it will be

Old 07-03-2016, 07:10 PM   #1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
second, gawd are you guys in the medical services field? seen hospitals that weren't as clean as your garages!
Damn it you take that back. My garage is messy, somewhat unorganized and the floor desperately needs swept and I'll not stand for any more of your slanderous comments

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-03-2016, 07:12 PM   #1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
All the TT's look great! Man....after all this waiting!

Mrs. 2LZ and I hit the trail this morning. I wanted to get to 100 so I could change the oil. I can tell you, she had a blast! We put on about 50 miles of just windy back roads so she could do the break-in style of riding. So far she likes it!

Of course, always plan a stop in a spot that has a clean outhouse..... ;-) The second pic is one of our usual rest stops along Sutter Creek. Brick outhouse in the background has yet not to be "clean enough". It's the important stuff, you know!

Neutral does come easier after 100 miles or so and some fresh oil. Good luck until then.
Nice pix 2LZ ..... glad you guys enjoyed the day

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-03-2016, 11:31 PM   #1193

Just picked up mine yesterday!

I rode it home from CSC about 30 miles and it did very well on the road. There is a very noticeable difference between this and my Honda CRF250L in terms of how the engine performs, but so far so good. Another thing that I noticed was that on paper the CRF250L and the TT250 have about the same weight, but for whatever reason the TT250 seems noticeably lighter.

I also found a bit of dirt on my way home and played around for a few minutes. It seems to do very well in the dirt and will suit my riding needs perfectly. The suspension also seems like it does a decent job, but it seems a bit springy (is this over-sprung?). I also noticed that the front stock tire slides around a bit in the dirt. I am not sure if it is the tire itself or if the pressure is just too high. I'm gonna check the PSI tonight and adjust if needed and see how it does tomorrow. The stock CRF250L tires are terrible too, so I am hoping to wear these tires down and get a nice set of 50/50 tires.

It looks like my cables were already re-routed so hopefully I don't have any speedo cable issues, but mine still had the chain guard flipped around (shark fin). I have to fix that in the morning.

I am taking it out tomorrow for a dirt ride and will try to post some pictures when I get back!

Last edited by EachAdventure; 07-04-2016 at 02:33 AM.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:27 AM   #1194

re springing, sounds like it may be under damped,
re front tire, I know Ryan at CSC wanted to swap out the front when he was planning a trip to the motocross track. I suggested maybe an IRC TR-8 and he laughed. Turns out CSC is now supplying TR-8's and can put em on the TT250's for you.
Won't know for sure till mine arrives(TT250) but looking at that front tire, I got a TR-8 replacement sitting here that I ordered before I heard CSC has em. Helluva nice looking knobby that I think will go a long way towards solving the front washout problem.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-04-2016, 12:20 PM   #1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Iam also in Colorado and am wondering how it runs up here right out of the box? Will you have to rejet it?
I don't know yet, but I will guess that I will need to rejet. I live at 9,200', normally ride between 5,000' and 11,000'

I won't mess with the jets until the break-in period is over.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 07-04-2016, 12:36 PM   #1196

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKearney View Post
I don't know yet, but I will guess that I will need to rejet. I live at 9,200', normally ride between 5,000' and 11,000'

Cheers,

Dan K.
Thanks let us know what you end up doing with the jets.

Dan M.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:30 PM   #1197

Do the speakers come with a built in Amp or did you have to install one? Those on amazon?

Old 07-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #1198

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
Do the speakers come with a built in Amp or did you have to install one? Those on amazon?
It is a ssr bluetooth I put amp under seat it fit great ran all the wires with zips plugged wires into port for switch #1 run volume controller up the cluster to handlebar and plug for phone (if you don't have bluetooth ) by my phone holder it is loud

Nice for out on the trail

Only like 80$ and waterproof

Old 07-04-2016, 06:43 PM   #1199

152 miles. Hit 70'ish @ 7860 rpm. Haven't touched it, except for mounting tach, bottle holder, magnetic tank bag.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:05 AM   #1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKearney View Post

Cheers,

Dan K.
We're at 3000'. I know it's not broke in so a plug reading may not be completely accurate yet, but I pulled it after 120 miles and it still looked a bit lean. It may be just fine for where you're at.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350