Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 11:32 AM   #1

Southern Utah/Cedar City trail system=aces!

Breakin completed, waiting on speedo cable. Absolutely love this little bike. Get lots of comments ("Is it a Honda?", etc.) I shoot all over town on it, take evening rides. Can't wait to get another so my 13 year old can go with (we have a trail system here in Cedar City that allows OHV usage on certain city streets during daylight hours, going to and from wilderness trailheads, etc.) It is a great idea, more small cities and towns should look at. I can take my whole family (from 1 to 13, plus wife) and don't have to load the 4wheeler! We just go from the driveway to dunes, canyons, etc. If anyone needs ride suggestions for So. Ut. let me know.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #2

I heard that California, especially in more urban areas like downtown L.A., was going to copy this same exact model of using certain streets for OHV travel....NOT!

Yuma, AZ would be good for such a system, but we are following the California model where everything gets urbanized first, and then there is no longer recreation capabilities left for anything.

Actually, we do have many off-highway vehicles that travel on roads, but they are not for recreation, but farming vehicles. I guess if you really look at the other side of the issue, we have the ability to street-register many types of non-DOT vehicles such as quads or pure dirt-bikes, as long as they have a minimum of street equipment

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard