Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2023, 08:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoveror View Post
` just guessing, here ... the weight that seems most suspect to me is the (distributor sites) claimed 'net' weight of the Templar X 250 because:

That the 'old school' heavy steel frame KPX250 design is maybe 25 pounds heavier than the Honda CRF300L and Kawasaki KLX300 makes sense (to me), knowing how hard those big bike makers work to trim weight.

Similarly, the notion that the Templar X 250 (275 pounds wet, estimated above in my earlier post) could weigh 25 - 30 pounds wet LESS than those Japanese bikes, which are around 305 - 310 pounds, is more suspect to me.

However, I'm not ready to call b.s. on the Templar X 250 'net' weight spec, prior to some (e.g. bathroom scale?) weight verification.

So, if someone would roll their Templar X 250 across a bathroom scale, as described above, ... for helping solve my mystery.
Hello all. I am currently awaiting my Templar X. It's in layaway and I should have it and on the road, by the end of March, if not before. If this weight thing isn't resolved by then, I will weigh mine with a full tank at an aggregate or truckstop and let you all know. Also, it's supposed to have a large heavy frame, so I hope the 441 pound capacity is true. I would hate to bend the frame in half while just sitting on it (6' 304 lbs).

Old 01-31-2023, 12:22 PM   #17

Okay, I got around to rolling my KPX250 onto my digital bathroom scale.

Full tank of gas, bar risers, tailpack, 2lb lighter rear tire, tires balanced:

Rear 183 lbs.
Front 153 lbs.
Total 336 lbs.

I'd say the 333 lb. weight Lifan claims is pretty damn accurate.

I'm very curious to know what a Templar X actually weighs with a full tank of gas... for that matter the Japanese competitors as well... stated weights are often quite optimistic...

Old 10-12-2023, 10:10 AM   #18

Any updateS?