Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #1

Hello from Hamilton Ontario, Canada

Hello everyone. Greetings from Ontario Canada.

To get right into it... I was always apprehensive about Chinese bikes and atv's, until i got an MFC (Motorized Fun Company) 50cc atv in a package deal with a yamaha Pw50 for my kids a few years back. It's been a pretty bulletproof machine. I ended up picking up a fairly trashed 2008 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc atv. Some new bearings and seals...a chain and it's movin around....which brings me to the main reason i started looking online and found this site.

I just picked up (for 2 bottles of jack daniels) a dirtbike for me. I originally thought it was a suzuki, but once i got on scene to look at it, i obviously found out otherwise. The seat says "JVS 150-ZR". From what i can find jvs was an ontario company that had bikes built in china and distributed in north america.

I can't get it to fire...but i need help identifying what this actually is....stamped on the jug, it says 196cm3. Which tells me it's a 200cc? Also, on the vin sticker is says made by Gincheng. Also the vin on the sticker is different from the one stamped on the neck.

I'll try to post some pictures...any help is greatly appreciated.