Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #1

Redwater Ride for Hunger

Hello all!
I think we now have a few members that are local to the Edmonton area so I just wanted to mention that the Redwater Ride for Hunger is going on tomorrow, June 2nd. I'm not sure if the weather is going to cooperate though, they're calling for rain . I think it's the eleventh anniversary of the ride as well. Here's a pic of the poster, it mentions all of the days events. I'll be there but I'm not sure if I'll be going on the poker run, my son isn't used to long rides yet .

The ride originally started to help out the local food bank and it's been very successful in both helping the food bank, and promoting motorcycling in the area.

Last edited by MICRider; 06-01-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Added detail

Old 06-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #2

Sounds like a good outing for the new wing. Is you son liking the new bike? He has a throne back there.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
Sounds like a good outing for the new wing. Is you son liking the new bike? He has a throne back there.
He likes it, but hasn't spent too much time on it yet . I washed it up and changed the oil and filter on it today in case I do go on the run . I really like the floorboards for the passenger, looks comfy!

Old 06-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #4

This may be an oppurtunity for him to try out a longer ride. You will be making lots of stops to pick up cards. Just make sure that he is dressed for the weather and maybe stock one of the bags with some snacks.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
This may be an oppurtunity for him to try out a longer ride. You will be making lots of stops to pick up cards. Just make sure that he is dressed for the weather and maybe stock one of the bags with some snacks.
Yup, we might give it a shot . The Wing is definitely willing, w'ell have to see what the weather and turnout is like. Usually crowd is about 80 percent cruisers (Harley and metrics) and about 15 percent touring bikes, the other 5 percent being sport bikes and dual sports. There was a T Rex there a few years ago, he really put on a show! Lol!

Old 06-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #6

That sound like a fun event! I hope you and your son get a chance to participate, Stew.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #7

It's usually a lot of fun, and you get to see lot's of pirates!

We will definitely attend unless it's pouring rain, just not sure if we'll go on the poker run yet. I did email the organizers though and they said the run was about 2 hours of riding. Not bad at all!

Old 06-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #8

Looks like the weather is not going to cooperate, it's raining right now and thunderstorms are forecast for morning and afternoon!
Looks like it might be a walk uptown and check out the street vendors kind of rally, bummer!

Old 06-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #9

Well, we wussed on the poker run because it was drizzling on and off. We did check out the mainstreet festivities though! Sadly, turnout was way way down because of the rain... I think the show and shine only had about a half a dozen entries when we left and there weren't anywhere close to the number of bikes there that there usually are. Here's a pic of my son and Goldy lookin gangsta style. You can see there are hardly any bikes, normally the streets are packed.

Here's a nice Victory, I liked the paint job!

Goldy's younger brother

And I kind of like the new Yamaha Bolt... A factory bobber! (almost)

One more pic! Here's a bobber in waiting for Weld, it was for sale too!

Last edited by MICRider; 06-02-2013 at 05:10 PM. Reason: added pics

Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #10

Thanks for posting the nice photos, Stew! Your son looks a bit like Elwood Blues.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Thanks for posting the nice photos, Stew! Your son looks a bit like Elwood Blues.

Lol, he does! Looks better when he smiles
I told him to shoot me a gangsta pose though, so he gave me his serious face

Old 06-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #12

Good lookin' young man, and swwet Goldwing! Thanks for the pics.

I'm drooling over that old Yamaha 650; I sold an early 70's 650 (much like that one) 25 years ago for $100.00. It wasn't long before I was kicking myself over that.

I'd have a tough time choosing whether to create a bobber, street tracker, cafe or leave it stock. There's a ton of potential in there.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer