Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
View Poll Results: china rider run?
yes 16 72.73%
no 4 18.18%
undecided 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2007, 03:59 AM   #1

riders living in WV,PA,OH,KY and anybody else

yeah i know it should have been under ride suggestions but can anybody fix that? :oops:

i would like to propose a meet and great ride for all of us and if there is any suggestions through them out like for dates places and such we could make like a 3 day event out of it ? well just my .02 .... it seem as if we have 5 or more "local" guys that would be willing yall just post up and we can go from there....chris

Old 11-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #2

where is noy a problim so let me know when.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:58 PM   #3

you guys should get the Crossroads dealership to hook you up with the new owners of the Qlinks they have been selling.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #4

I wouldn't mind coming, but Wheeling is a 10 hour drive for me. Perhaps this could be arranged in the southern portion of WV.

I might ride 6 hours.

Allen

Old 11-18-2007, 11:24 PM   #5

well once we see how many we can get together then i can go to some dealers of chinese bikes and say hey we have x# of bikes going to put together a ride and see if we can get and (notoriaty?)or sponors. maybe a little ride or a rather lengthy one its all up to how many and were? just think we would be the first correct me if im wrong china bike riders to gather and ride together? and if we can get together more than like ten then we can find a place that is central and go it from there ???? im thinking we need some chinariders.net swag though not just stickers....

Old 11-19-2007, 08:18 AM   #6

Quote:
yeah i know it should have been under ride suggestions but can anybody fix that?
Fixed.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 11-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #7

EDIT: I copied this post from another thread and reposted it here.

Great idea! I'm in! Are we making this a chinabike only ride? Just checking! My X-Ranger should be fixed sometime in late Nov. early Dec. and I'll have the new bigger wheels and tires installed by then too. There will be a short break in the action this week for deer season and the healing of my shoulder!

What about a weekend ride? This could be the first Spring ride of the year. Meaning early Spring! We meet on Friday at a central location for everyone that's interested in going. Then we take off on some dualsport routes and fire roads. Nothing to serious. No interstate! All back roads! It may be better to trailer to a central location or just a great riding area and takeoff on our bikes from there. You want to make sure that you have a way home if something happens. I wouldn't want to inconvience someone to have to come and get me if my bike breaks. I have an enclosed trailer that will hold numerous bikes. Probably eight, maybe more, if we stack them! The trailer is 8'X12' with a loading ramp. It would make a great basecamp (especially if it rains) and we could haul all the spare parts, fuel and camping gear we could ever use. That way if some one needs a rescue and repair it could be easily accomplished without a big hassle. My brother-in-law has a Dodge pickup that would also hold a couple bikes. Check the picture at the bottom of my posts. He'll let me borrow it for a weekend. How many of you are within a drive of WV?

Just throwing some ideas out!

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 11-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #8

thank you frostbite! 8)

Old 11-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #9

Sam, I think it should be open to any bike. That way former chinariders who have since moved on to a Jap bike can still attend or others can be invited in.

Allen

Old 11-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #10

i'm in the morgantown area and i have a truck so i can go anywhere.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #11

yeah it will be open to any rider any bike but the trails will have to be fairly easy going like dirt road stuff?

Old 11-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to madmaximum Send a message via Yahoo to madmaximum
I'm in. There were a few of us talking about this a while ago, hopefully we can make it work!
1977 Kawasaki KH400, aka Green Ripper

Old 12-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #13

still plans on this ride ? we all just have to put in where and when ?

Old 12-05-2007, 07:38 AM   #14

I'm in! We should plan it during half decent weather, though! Sometime in the early Spring. How does May look to everyone? I'd like to do it fairly early in the riding season. I really want to take my X-Ranger 200 and have a nice laid back trip. With chinabikes we could have an easy, look at the scenery, enjoy the ride pace!

Also, what part of the state does everyone want to see? Pumpkin and I did a one day ride earlier this year, that took us from Morgantown down to Spruce Knob and back. We did close to 400 miles I believe. I cheated and rode my 950.

Below is a picture from Dolly Sods, WV. This picture wasn't taken on the trip Pumpkin and I took but a later one. This is looking out towards Petersburg, WV! Great dirtroads and awesome scenery! I'd also like to swing down through Green Bank. You've got to see what's down there! Very interesting! We may be able to find some dirtroad shortcuts through some nice areas. Another though may be the Sinks of Gandy! Are we looking at two or three days?

Pumpkin and I have also been talking about doing a Blue Ridge Parkway trip on our chinabikes! We could take two days vacation and have a week off to ride the BRP. If anyone is interested in doing this, please let us know. We could plan that too! Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway have a speedlimit of 35mph and 45mph, perfect for chinabikes. The bottom pictures are from the BRP trip I took in October. Nine of us rode to Pigeon Forge, NC and onto the Cherokee National Forest, the Cherokee Indian Reservation and Deal's Gap. Three of us did the entire length of the BRP and Skyline Dr. on the way home. AWESOME trip! Next time, I plan to video it.

2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 12-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #15

three or more days sounds good to me but i gotta get it legal and get my m endorsement first... wv tags ... ky drivers license???