Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2020, 08:40 PM   #1

Help. Rhino carb settings not even close

Rhino 250: So I picked up a Mikuni clone, and re-jetted to the recommendations of 30 / 115. Also installed a new air filter, the round foam kind. PCV tube is not connected to the air intake just zip tied off to the side. I am at sea level and idle / performance are not even close! Wont' idle unless choked, even warm. idles around 1800 - 2100 on the first notch. Immediately stalls when I release the choke. Made sure that when I installed the throttle cable, I held it when installing so the cable did not get twisted or kinked, it moves freely up and down no issues. No gaps between carb and TB. Also adjusted the needle to the forth notch from the top.......

And on anther note I can’t seem to get the choke lever set correctly. There was a spring on the old carb that seemed to ensure the choke returned to open when the lever was opened back up, that spring doesn’t seem to work / fit on the new carb choke lever, so for testing the carb, I manually adjusted the lever on the carb and not from the handle bars. How have you guys dealt with this in the past. Don’t think the two are related. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by justin1328; 01-31-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Tags
250, carb, rhino, settings