Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #1

Ninja 250 comment

I have a youtube channel and a guy commented on a very old video of a rebel 250 I had. I mentioned an older ninja 250 that I had at one point and the guy made the following comment. I honestly think the guy was riding around with his feet on the passenger pegs. He also called the bike twitchy and unrideable in city traffic. I'm not sure what in the world he was riding or how.

"I have a 2016 Rebel 250. I also have a 2006 Sportster 1200L. I tried a Ninja 250 (the original Ninja 250, I think it was an '04 model) and it was HORRIBLE. The seat was too high, the handlebars felt like they were attached to the ends of the front axle, the pegs were about where the rear turn signals should be. It was miserably uncomfortable. Downright painful. And virtually unrideable in stop and go city traffic. It took a lot of effort to get my feet off those pegs. They were so far back my toes were pointed straight down. I almost dropped it a couple of times trying to get my feet off those awful pegs at a stop. Then you are sitting there at a light, all hunched over, all of your upper body weight on your wrists and shoulders, your neck bent back as far as it would go so you could see ahead. It felt like standing up looking up at the sky. The pain was unbearable. It was twitchy and hard to control at slow speeds. It felt so good to get rid of that abomination"
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*