Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2016, 03:13 PM   #1

Ignoring My Hawk

Hi...my name is Dave and I've been ignoring my hawk too much.

it's been about a month since I last rode it. perhaps slightly longer. I usually like to give all the bikes at least a LITTLE exercise more often than this. However, I pulled a dummy move today and just had to share so you could all shake your head along with me.

I started the hawk up in the garage. took a while for it to turn over since the carb was likely dry. luckly I keep the battery on a tender, so more than enough juice to crank it until it started up.

Ahhh....the purr of the 230cc single.....music!

Started down the street to get it warmed up and running. it was sputtering a bit. my thoughts went to a dirty carb. the farther down the street i went, the worse it would run, particularly under heavier throttle.

decided to turn around and spend a little time field stripping the carb and cleaning it up. that should do the trick, right? took the 10mm nut off the carb on the right side of the bike. (after removing the cover on that side). went around the the left side of the bike, removed the cover and reached in to start taking off the nut on the left side.

Dang....choke lever is in the way. wait....choke lever? AH SH*T! I FORGOT TO TURN OFF THE CHOKE!

choke turned off....started the bike....down the street I went ripping and roaring....

ok....flame suit on. fire away!