Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2016, 11:44 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I live in Arizona, so no problems with that, no matter what the MSO has written on it, LOL

These bikes appear on the EPA/DOT certified on-highway for 2016 list, so are certified for 49 states. Certain states, like your neighboring one, New Jersey, refer to bikes that are EPA/DOT certified, on their own web site, and continuously add to the list of vehicles they will title and plate, so these should appear on that list.

The Hawk, on the other hand, could be hit or miss depending on state. Those bikes appear on the EPA list of certified 'off-road' bikes. Some MSOs are fudged and state 'motorcycle', and certain states who scrutinize MSOs will plate/title them, but there seems to be a growing list of states that go by the certified EPA/DOT list for 'on-highway' vehicles, and will not plate/title Hawks, i.e New Jersey. Some people are finding that their state used to plate bikes based on minimal street equipment (which the Hawk will easily meet), but no longer do so, which appears to be the case for Georgia. New Jersey won't plate them because they do not appear on the EPA/DOT list. I think New York had a loophole for them at first, but caught on and no longer plate them.

I just wanted to clarify what you stated so people can understand that the Brozz should not be a problem to plate in every state but Calfornia, and the Hawk will have problems in many states. I do know that in some states, such as Connecticut, there are issues with plating vehicles if the vehicles are sold directly by mfg., such as Tesla. Those states want a dealer or at least a dealer license for mfg to sell vehicles directly. I am not sure if one of our members ever resolved her issue with her CSC Zongshen RX3 in Connecticut, but I guess if CSC is interpreted to be the US mfg of record (perhaps those states go by importer/distributor), and no dealers are in place, then CSC will have (or did if it is resolved) some issues in those states even if they are certified federally as on-highway--those states are the oddball exception, however, and I am pretty sure a mail-ordered bike like the Brozz, ordered via a retailer, such as Motobuys, will not fall into that category.

New York should not have had issues, as was your case (issues as far as the dept of motor vehicles registering/plating a bike goes).
Culcune, you obviously did your research and posted accurate information. I live in NJ and went through the registration hassle of not having my manufacturer on the state's "Approved Manufacturer List" even though the MSO states the MOTORCYCLE meets EPA and NHTSA standards. I had to get my bike registered out of state but as long as I'm insured and have a valid registration, that's all I'm concerned with.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:03 PM   #62

Hopefully you won't have issues with an out-of-state bike. I know Motocheez registered his Hawk somewhere else since Conn. is a no-go for the Hawk (I haven't kept up with the RX3 threads to see if the woman who owned an RX3 ever got to jump through the hoops and have a plated bike after all for her moto touring business she planned to run).

Here in Yuma, there are so many members of the military, migrant farmworkers who live here and California, snowbirds, and Mexico-plated cars, it doesn't seem to matter to anyone. I used to work in public schools, and with the lack of teachers, they used to hire teachers from out of state--some of those teachers would go a school year and some months into the next one with Minnesota plates or Wisconsin plates. The migrant workers cracked me up--they seemed to ALL have California plates even though our MVD site states that if your kids are in school, you especially should have Arizona plates because auto registration is tied to school funding. I know for a fact that California DOES crack down on plates, so at least one state has the guts to enforce its laws, and all the workers made sure their cars were California plated. Again, as a former public school teacher, I would notice all the cars, year round, dropping off kids with California plates.

I know I went off topic, but bringing it in to the conversation, it is ironic that I could probably get away with an out of state plated bike when I would have no reason to do so!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-17-2016, 05:33 PM   #63

CT is not necessarily a no go. Success is mixed. The DMV in Enfield does register the hawk. The Wethersfeild office (main office) does not. Instead of the hassle, I just registered it in VT. I'm buying a place up in NH so it will soon be a non-issue.

I will try to transfer my reg to CT from VT when it is about to expire just for S&G's.

If they give me trouble I will just renew the VT and send VT the money. I wonder why this state is 1 billion in debt. So much red tape folks will just take their business elsewhere.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:33 PM   #64

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANY View Post
I paid a lot, even for NY. I went through Motobuys because they deliver. I had originally bought a Hawk, but read that NY put an end to their street use, so I cancelled that order and the guy from Motobuys called Kandi to check on which bikes were already proven street worthy in NY and recommended their Kymoto XDP.. AKA the 18C... The bike shipped from Cali and was here 4 days later. I called about the MSO and an actual helpful person answered the phone, answered my questions and was super helpful. These thing all add value. I have read far too many nightmare stories of people buying from unreliable sources with no support and I didn't want to eld up like that. Also, all these guys are talking about this bike being 1400 dollars... well there might be some people offering them for that much, but try getting one from them at that price delivered from one coast to the other. The first time I meet somebody who got this bike for $1400 will be the day I start feeling bad about overpaying
$1449 shipped to my dooor in lower alabama from ricky power sports. 4 days on shipping. mso and bill of sale came a week later. tagged in alabama. so now you have met someone.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:22 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
$1449 shipped to my dooor in lower alabama from ricky power sports. 4 days on shipping. mso and bill of sale came a week later. tagged in alabama. so now you have met someone.
He has the Bashan Brozz, not the Hawk. Similar bikes, but not exactly the same. Also, the Hawk is probably a 'no-go' for tagging in NY.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-02-2017, 12:44 AM   #66

Thumbs Up

I bought a Brozz 250 for 1500$ in North Carolina. With all the other incidentals I ended up paying 1734$. I hover around 65mph on the freeway as that is the speed limit and cops where I am love to go after bikers for speeding any amount. I did full open this beauty and got her to 76mph on flat ground on the freeway. After I get some nice new performance upgrades I hope to get her just a bit faster. The only issue that I have is the little hose leading to the backpressure thing on the exhaust keeps burning through. I'll get a steel braided hose for that soon. Man she is fun. Super smooth. She doesn't even tickle my toes like I was expecting from a non counterbalanced thumper. Wish the digital display changed colors too. I got her in green and I'd love if the backlight was green too. Registration was really simple and easy too. Just took the inspection paperwork, damage disclosure, bill of sale, proof of liability insurance, and the MCO to the dmv amd walked out about 2 hours later with a plate. I stood in the wrong line. Not native to my state, used to Secretary of State handling registration and everything. Now to find some riding buddys.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:28 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btwyman View Post
I bought a Brozz 250 for 1500$ in North Carolina. With all the other incidentals I ended up paying 1734$. I hover around 65mph on the freeway as that is the speed limit and cops where I am love to go after bikers for speeding any amount. I did full open this beauty and got her to 76mph on flat ground on the freeway. After I get some nice new performance upgrades I hope to get her just a bit faster. The only issue that I have is the little hose leading to the backpressure thing on the exhaust keeps burning through. I'll get a steel braided hose for that soon. Man she is fun. Super smooth. She doesn't even tickle my toes like I was expecting from a non counterbalanced thumper. Wish the digital display changed colors too. I got her in green and I'd love if the backlight was green too. Registration was really simple and easy too. Just took the inspection paperwork, damage disclosure, bill of sale, proof of liability insurance, and the MCO to the dmv amd walked out about 2 hours later with a plate. I stood in the wrong line. Not native to my state, used to Secretary of State handling registration and everything. Now to find some riding buddys.
I found when I replaced some burnt out bulbs on one of my vehicles there were colored caps on the bulbs to give the dash lights a certain color. I'm sure they're available somewhere so that you might be able to do the same to your dash lights.

Edit-Autozone has some.
http://www.autozone.com/exterior-lig...eVehicle=false
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 04-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #68

Happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
I still don't feel bad

Old 04-12-2017, 02:31 PM   #69

Quote:
He has the Bashan Brozz, not the Hawk. Similar bikes, but not exactly the same. Also, the Hawk is probably a 'no-go' for tagging in NY.

i didnt have any problem registering the hawk in NY, i had to get a correction letter because the mco listed the motor in HP rather than in CC's, other than that is wasnt any problem,
I completely expected them (DMV) to give me a hassle since we are a highly over regulated state,

Old 04-12-2017, 04:38 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by old kid View Post
i didnt have any problem registering the hawk in NY, i had to get a correction letter because the mco listed the motor in HP rather than in CC's, other than that is wasnt any problem,
I completely expected them (DMV) to give me a hassle since we are a highly over regulated state,
I think I wrote this after reading about a member who had a no-go experience with plating a Hawk for the road in NY. After that one member, it seemed like NY opened up its welcome to the Hawk. But, that was the reason SANY was steered to the Bashan bike by Motobuys. At the time he was trying to purchase the Hawk, they would not sell it to him because he was in NY. More twist to his story, SANY was expecting the Bashan Storm, considering the photos showing on Motobuys' site are of the Storm (I believe they still are), but SANY was sent the Brozz, instead.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-12-2017, 04:48 PM   #71

Quote:
I still don't feel bad
Your Brozz is pretty much complete; the Hawks need some improvements to get them up to par, which includes spending $'s unless you are very motorcycle savvy (i.e. I have read about some members 'cracking' into their stock carb and rejetting vs. buying the Mikuni clone off of Ebay). One guy on youtube (his name is simply 'dz') was showing an indicated 68 mph right after assembly ('right after' as in the next day, probably after valve adjustment and oil change) in one of his Brozz videos. You would for sure need to change both counter and rear sprockets on the Hawk to achieve the same speed, but the Brozz already comes equipped with street friendly gearing.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #72

Quote:
I think I wrote this after reading about a member who had a no-go experience with plating a Hawk for the road in NY. After that one member, it seemed like NY opened up its welcome to the Hawk. But, that was the reason SANY was steered to the Bashan bike by Motobuys. At the time he was trying to purchase the Hawk, they would not sell it to him because he was in NY. More twist to his story, SANY was expecting the Bashan Storm, considering the photos showing on Motobuys' site are of the Storm (I believe they still are), but SANY was sent the Brozz, instead.
Oh they were willing to sell me a Hawk and did. I cancelled that order before it shipped because I learned of several cases where NY refused to plate them. The Kymoto branding caused me to believe the bike was not a Hawk, but I figured it out a few hours after I ordered. They recommended the Brozz(which according to the pics on their site is a Storm) when I told them I needed a proven platable bike for NY. they sent the Brozz.. I love it. All good.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:51 PM   #73

Quote:
Oh they were willing to sell me a Hawk and did. I cancelled that order before it shipped because I learned of several cases where NY refused to plate them. The Kymoto branding caused me to believe the bike was not a Hawk, but I figured it out a few hours after I ordered. They recommended the Brozz(which according to the pics on their site is a Storm) when I told them I needed a proven platable bike for NY. they sent the Brozz.. I love it. All good.

as long as you are happy with it, that's all that matters,

thats a nice looking bike

Old 04-13-2017, 09:55 AM   #74

Quote:
Your Brozz is pretty much complete; the Hawks need some improvements to get them up to par, which includes spending $'s unless you are very motorcycle savvy (i.e. I have read about some members 'cracking' into their stock carb and rejetting vs. buying the Mikuni clone off of Ebay). One guy on youtube (his name is simply 'dz') was showing an indicated 68 mph right after assembly ('right after' as in the next day, probably after valve adjustment and oil change) in one of his Brozz videos. You would for sure need to change both counter and rear sprockets on the Hawk to achieve the same speed, but the Brozz already comes equipped with street friendly gearing.
True. I have done literally no performance upgrades to my bike. It went 65MPH out of the crate and it's max speed now with 1500 miles is 73 on flat ground. It does not like to go that fast and kind of sounds like it's about to break, but it does 70+MPH. I need to adjust the valves for the first time now... I haven't even cleaned the air filter yet this year and it's still getting lots of air.

My buddy who helped me put it together and I have been talking about buying 10 bikes and starting a small shop... But judging from parts availability, we'd probably have to fly to china to set up some kind of parts import arrangement in order to assure we could not only get parts(of course we can get them) but get them quickly. Customers in NY do not want to hear, "sure we can get you a new clutch, it'll be here in time for next season".... seriously considering this. We have cheap shop space available to us as well as tools and lifts and figure with $30K in inventory(bikes and parts) another thousand bucks in license fees and the cost of a trip to China, we could be in business.. Maybe skip the china thing if somebody else decides to set up a reliable parts distributorship before then. These, and the Chinese street, bikes will become more popular as time goes on... Just thinking aloud........

Old 04-13-2017, 03:28 PM   #75

Quote:
True. I have done literally no performance upgrades to my bike. It went 65MPH out of the crate and it's max speed now with 1500 miles is 73 on flat ground. It does not like to go that fast and kind of sounds like it's about to break, but it does 70+MPH. I need to adjust the valves for the first time now... I haven't even cleaned the air filter yet this year and it's still getting lots of air.

My buddy who helped me put it together and I have been talking about buying 10 bikes and starting a small shop... But judging from parts availability, we'd probably have to fly to china to set up some kind of parts import arrangement in order to assure we could not only get parts(of course we can get them) but get them quickly. Customers in NY do not want to hear, "sure we can get you a new clutch, it'll be here in time for next season".... seriously considering this. We have cheap shop space available to us as well as tools and lifts and figure with $30K in inventory(bikes and parts) another thousand bucks in license fees and the cost of a trip to China, we could be in business.. Maybe skip the china thing if somebody else decides to set up a reliable parts distributorship before then. These, and the Chinese street, bikes will become more popular as time goes on... Just thinking aloud........

there used to be a used car dealer on 9n headed north out of saratoga, im not sure if he is still there or not or what the name of the place is, on the left a mile or so before you get to Danials rd.

he sold chinese bikes and atv's , i'm not sure if he serviced them or had parts there, or even what brands he had there.
i just happened to stop one day a couple years ago when he had a couple of them outside on display.

i'll dig thru our numerous junk drawers we have here and see if i have a business card from him.