Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #16

Man, that TRK502X sounds like a stellar deal at $6399. It's $300 under the MSRP of the CB500X, but comes with an arseload of options.

First off, I'm seeing adventure pegs with removable rubber pieces, and underneath is a grippy metal peg, similar to the IMS Supersport pegs I put on my TW200.
Brake pedal tip is replaceable. That's actually really nice.
Folding shifter pedal is a stock item
Luggage rack is a stock item
Belly pan is a stock item
Crash bars are a stock item
Hand guards are a stock item
Rear tire-hugging fender is a stock item

Charles.

Old 10-22-2020, 11:42 PM   #17

I know they market themselves as an Italian company, but their bikes are still manufactured in China. I do understand they have quality built in spite of their Chinese manufacturing origin, but if your MSRP is only $300 less than an icon like Honda, they should have thrown in luggage as well like the RX3. I am guessing they are expecting making deals for way less than MSRP.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-23-2020, 02:39 AM   #18

You'd definitely hope that. I'm not in the market, but a $300 difference (and like 40lbs more) is not enough to convince me to buy Chinese, even with the stuff listed above.

Old 10-23-2020, 04:43 AM   #19

For that matter, another Chinabike, the Voge 500DS, not only copies the general appearance of the Honda CB500X, but also it's engine is allegedly not only derived from it, but also slightly improved for what regards torque/power delivery.

Can you tell which is which?
In general however, Chinabikes, even at the highest quality classes, seem to lag just a bit over their Japanese counterparts. Horsepower output will be just a few HP short, acceleration will be a tad slower, braking distance will be a tad longer, etc.

FWIW a Greek motorcycling magazing had a "Mini On-Off/Adv" test recently, with bikes from 250-500cc, which included the Honda CB500X, the Benelli TRK502x, the Zontes T310, the Voge 500DS, Kawasaki Versys-X 300, Suzuki V-Strom 250 and others. The Benelli really got the short end of the stick in that test, especially in its (500cc) class. It was easily the heaviest and most overpriced of the bunch.

Old 10-23-2020, 10:24 AM   #20

The Leoncino vs the CB500F seems like a better comparison. The Leoncino actually makes more power, and the styling is far more easy on my eyes.

The TRK502 is neat, but yeah it should come with the bags stock.

The RX4 weighs 450 pounds and comes with luggage and a topcase... it seems the better choice for a more dirt oriented riding style while still being comfortable on the highway. The TRK502 seems like a bike that would be great on the highway, but can only dabble on pretty tame fire roads.

Which is fine, both are valid options in the adventure sphere.

Charles.

Old 10-25-2020, 01:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
You'd definitely hope that. I'm not in the market, but a $300 difference (and like 40lbs more) is not enough to convince me to buy Chinese, even with the stuff listed above.
We are basing this on MSRP. Japanese dealers are notorious for adding another $800 or so for dealer prep to the MSRP resulting, in an unexpected large OTD price.
-It may be worth checking with the Benelli dealer to get his OTD price and see whether he may be willing to throw in a gift card for bags and accessories.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:05 PM   #22

Some small dealers do that too. There was a dealer in Durham NC who tried to add $1200 in fees to purchase a Benelli TNT300. It wasn't the color I wanted, and it just felt off so I walked away instead of fighting the fees.

This is the same dealer who charges freight on used bikes that he's taken as trade-ins, so I wasn't really surprised...

That said, my Yamaha cost me $900 in additional fees and they had to re-write the contract because the sleaze-ball finance guy wrote in a third-party warranty plan that I did not authorize. I caught it as an unknown charge and a higher-than-agreed-upon OTD price and I really should have walked out the door then. Instead I made the guy re-do it, and he did so very passive-aggressively

Charles.