Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #1

Time to add another section for the Benelli TRK502?

The CSCs have company in the USA now. The Benelli TRK502 and TRK502X are now available. $6000 MSRP, including hand guards, crash bars, swingarm-mounted hugger fender, and a rear luggage rack.

Charles.

Old 10-15-2020, 03:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
The CSCs have company in the USA now. The Benelli TRK502 and TRK502X are now available. $6000 MSRP, including hand guards, crash bars, swingarm-mounted hugger fender, and a rear luggage rack.

Charles.
I guess we'll have to be adding a Benelli TRK502 section soon.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-15-2020, 05:50 PM   #3

Only if you buy one

Old 10-15-2020, 11:32 PM   #4

I was thinking there will have to be a few different sections, as the Lifan KPT450 is theoretically coming, but Benelli gave us a pleasant, early surprise

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-16-2020, 07:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Only if you buy one
That's what I'm thinking.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-16-2020, 10:34 AM   #6

Well, I actually plan on buying the Benelli Leoncino Trail in January. Same motor, but in a scrambler chassis.

Charles.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:44 AM   #7

For that matter, there's a whole batch of new "premium" Adventure China Bikes, such as the Zontes T310, the Voge 300DS/500DS, even the CFMOTO 650MT, that are starting to make a breach in the EU market, essentially picking up where the Zongshen RX3/RX4/RX4S left off, and with a (relative) emphasis on quality and base equipment levels.

Old 10-16-2020, 04:35 PM   #8

Maybe we could add a "Other ADV bikes" subforum, in addition to the RX3 and RX4 subforums. It could cover the Enfields, Benellis and other newcomers.

Old 10-17-2020, 11:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Maybe we could add a "Other ADV bikes" subforum, in addition to the RX3 and RX4 subforums. It could cover the Enfields, Benellis and other newcomers.
This is definitely a good idea since I do not anticipate a whole slew of Chinese adv bikes of one particular brand that is not CSC's RX3 or RX4 dominating the discussion. I picture it like the 'Dual-Sport' section with a range of bikes discussed. And as ChillRider mentioned there are already alternative Chinese brands already released in Europe, so, combined with the Benelli, there will theoretically be people already with these bikes out there wanting a place to discuss them.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-20-2020, 05:36 PM   #10

Cleveland cyclewerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Looks like Cleveland Cyclewerks is considering bringing in an adventure bike next year. The company is not the best at following through with their announcements but who knows there could be one more to add to the mix.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdschultz View Post
Looks like Cleveland Cyclewerks is considering bringing in an adventure bike next year. The company is not the best at following through with their announcements but who knows there could be one more to add to the mix.
Do you have a link? I looked on their site, and the only thing I could find was their Hooligun which is an Asiawing bike which are also sold via SSR Motorsports and Christini. A few years back, on Asiawing's own site, they did show a rally bike which was designed by their French distributor which is the only thing I can think of they might bring here as an adventure bike. Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breathe...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-21-2020, 04:26 AM   #12

It'll probably be as expensive, if not more, than the Japanese and European competitors. I wouldn't consider a single thing sold by them, they're way to dishonest/overpriced.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
It'll probably be as expensive, if not more, than the Japanese and European competitors. I wouldn't consider a single thing sold by them, they're way to dishonest/overpriced.
It's weird how they started out selling Heists and were seemingly as honorable as CSC or Peace. They had a great reputation. Then, things went downhill for them in the reputation department. Not sure exactly where they lost it, but, yes, I wouldn't consider their bikes, with the exception of the FXXr. But--overpriced...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-21-2020, 01:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Do you have a link? I looked on their site, and the only thing I could find was their Hooligun which is an Asiawing bike which are also sold via SSR Motorsports and Christini. A few years back, on Asiawing's own site, they did show a rally bike which was designed by their French distributor which is the only thing I can think of they might bring here as an adventure bike. Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breathe...
They have a picture of it on their Facebook page. It’s called the Mutiny 400 and is available now in Nepal. You can find it on YouTube by searching Cleveland Cyclewerks Mutiny 400 Nepal. I have my doubts that we will ever see it here or the Ace 400 cafe bike they show on their website. The company likes to make big announcements then nothing ever materializes. They showed a Misfit 500 years back that looked really promising and that just fizzled out. As a company they are very thinned skin and their riders club president is a total tool. Too bad because I was really excited about this company a few years back. Not anymore!!

Old 10-21-2020, 05:15 PM   #15

Like I said, their Hooligun was announced 10 or so years ago. Heck, the current one available elsewhere in the world is an Asiawing bike. Those are EPA certified here as 'Offroad dirtbikes' available via SSR, and EPA/DOT certified as 'On-Highway motorcycle' via Christini in 2 wheel-drive form. So, the bike can and has been EPA/DOT certified here. And, like you mentioned the 500cc Misfit. Neither materialized. The only bike I think is interesting, but WAAAAAY overpriced is the FXX. We had those here via Orion Powersports as well in the low $1k range (no longer), but CCW wants $3k!? NOPE!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150