Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2017, 02:42 PM   #31

Got the exhaust on, and looking to start jetting this weekend. I had a hell of a time boreing the flange bracket holes out. Ended up just using a die grinder on it. Starting with a 115 main and 35 pilot. Let the tuning begin......

Old 06-16-2017, 04:18 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoubleXA View Post
Got the exhaust on, and looking to start jetting this weekend. I had a hell of a time boreing the flange bracket holes out. Ended up just using a die grinder on it. Starting with a 115 main and 35 pilot. Let the tuning begin......
115 main should be dead on. Not sure on the pilot. I still have the stock 20 in and seem to be running fine. I'll order some pilot jets just because I like tinkering and see if it makes a difference.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-17-2017, 04:16 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoubleXA View Post
What, no pictures? Glad to know the exhaust worked though. Did you have any fitment issues with it? I am sure other Shark owners would love to know.

I wanted to jump in something about that LED headlight bulb. I have the same 5 COBB unit. Not sure about you guys, but I actually had to remove the lower headlight mounting pins from the bushings they sit in and tilt the light down more. Adjuster was already maxed and still glaring people bad enough to make them think my high beam was on. I ended up using some of the provided extra washers and rubber isolators on both sides of the plastic mount tabs on the headlight housing and loctiting the fastener to the bracket to hold it, and it surprisingly holds it really well, and the high beam still lights up everything well. Maybe it was just a flaw in my headlights assembly, pins too far back or the holes for the upper mounts were too far forward.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
What, no pictures? Glad to know the exhaust worked though. Did you have any fitment issues with it? I am sure other Shark owners would love to know.

I wanted to jump in something about that LED headlight bulb. I have the same 5 COBB unit. Not sure about you guys, but I actually had to remove the lower headlight mounting pins from the bushings they sit in and tilt the light down more. Adjuster was already maxed and still glaring people bad enough to make them think my high beam was on. I ended up using some of the provided extra washers and rubber isolators on both sides of the plastic mount tabs on the headlight housing and loctiting the fastener to the bracket to hold it, and it surprisingly holds it really well, and the high beam still lights up everything well. Maybe it was just a flaw in my headlights assembly, pins too far back or the holes for the upper mounts were too far forward.
I had the same problem until I rotated the bulb 180. The three cobs need to point towards the top of the housing and reflect down. After I discovered that mine fit / works great without mods.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 06-17-2017, 11:54 AM   #35

Quote:
I agree, we NEED pics!!

Also, them Sharks are essentially the same bike as a Brozz minus the inverted forks, I bet that pipe fit like a glove just like mine did. IIRC, it's mainly the Hawks that had fitment/clearance issues.

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 06-17-2017, 02:53 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
I had the same problem until I rotated the bulb 180. The three cobs need to point towards the top of the housing and reflect down. After I discovered that mine fit / works great without mods.
Give me some credit here... The three low beams do point up.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:06 PM   #37

Quote:
Give me some credit here... The three low beams do point up.
Hey, everyone makes mistakes. I was just offering an idea to check

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 06-18-2017, 04:32 AM   #38

i go a locking "trunk" from ebay for about $20 and i love it (and so does the wife). has a back rest on it as well. can take tools and lunch

Old 06-19-2017, 07:53 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWeld View Post
I agree, we NEED pics!!

Also, them Sharks are essentially the same bike as a Brozz minus the inverted forks, I bet that pipe fit like a glove just like mine did. IIRC, it's mainly the Hawks that had fitment/clearance issues.
Ill throw some pics up here soon, been busy at work. So far best setup after 2 days of tinkering is a 36 pilot, 115 main, fuel/air screw 2 1/4 turn out, and im 600 ft above sea level.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:24 AM   #40

[QUOTE=Megadan;259474]What, no pictures? Glad to know the exhaust worked though. Did you have any fitment issues with it? I am sure other Shark owners would love to know.

Yeah, after I bored the holes out, it fits pretty decent. I have about 1/4 in from the air box, maybe a smidge more.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #41

Had to dent in a bit of the side to keep it from hitting the clutch arm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clutch.jpg (94.6 KB, 189 views)

Old 06-20-2017, 07:46 AM   #42

Same thing here for the airbox, just for some extra clearence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg air.jpg (93.8 KB, 192 views)

Old 06-20-2017, 07:48 AM   #43

....Annnnd heres what it looks like. Waaay better sounding, and lighter than the stock exhaust. This is a must mod for these bikes imo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike.jpg (98.7 KB, 184 views)

Old 06-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #44

Samr basic fitment issies as the hawk pretty much. Looks good.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:02 PM   #45

I got that same exhaust and the Mikuni VM for my Shineray XY250GY-6B I will install it on the bike this weekend, I will report any issues.