Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2023, 11:15 PM   #16

I had a 175 2 stroke that was shearing sprocket bolts until I replaced them with case hard bolts, never sheared one again and it never damaged the sprocket. If yours have flats on them it may not be worth the effort to grind them to fit vs just waiting for parts but it worked for me so I thought I would throw it out there just in case.

Old 04-15-2023, 08:34 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by putterputter View Post
ok, thanks for all your replies, i think i have found the issue, after a good look over the cables and rest of the bike i noticed the chain was a little slack. pulled the front spocket cover and noticed the chain was able to spin with the engine off while in netural and 1st , so pushed it out into the yard and started it up , put it in first and the chain started spinning but not going anywhere. looked at rear sprocket and all the bolts were broke off clean.

So it looks like engine , clutch and all are good, but the bad news is how to get the sprocket bolts out , i also think i saw a post some where about the Bolts being soft and how some people replaced them with honda bolts. any ideas on best way to get them out and other ideas of stuff to check while i am at it?
OMG! I thought of that immediately as the same thing happened at 4500 miles to my son's Brozz, all rear sprocket studs sheared off clean, had to wedge something in to be able to make it home.. replaced with Honda OEM.. i guess its something all Brozz owners (and probably all others) will need to keep in the back of their heads at the 2-3 year mark and by 5k miles. Glad you found it, had assumed you had checked, otherwise would have mentioned sooner.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 04-15-2023, 11:03 AM   #18

Exclamation

I changed the sprocket on my Bashan Storm within first 60 miles (Bashan makes the Brozz and Recon). I don't recall any obvious problem on the bolts. My son took over that bike. We will take a look!!

Old 04-15-2023, 03:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Thanks Megadan.

Just in case my local honda dealer don't have them in stock is there a amazon replacement bolt i can order?

Even if i put something in now i can still ride while i wait for part to come in.

Also any idea of why all 4 sheared off, i ride pretty conservatively , but do get out on gravel roads sometimes.

Thanks again to everyone, hope this solves it.
Where I get most of my parts from. https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/90128-KE2-940

All 4 sheared because all 4 took the abuse, and they likely broke in a series instead of all at once. One went, then the other 3 took more abuse, another one or two, then the last.

It is/was a more common issue with the original Hawk 250 because it was assembled with whatever the cheapest they could get at the time parts. The Bashan bikes tend to come with a little better quality control, but they aren't immune to the cheap bike problems. There has been a few Brozz owners that had stud failures on here.

This is why I order them from Partzilla (link above) because they come in OEM Honda packaging, so they are at least built to OEM Honda quality standards, even if they are likely also made in China. I have only ever had OEM Honda replacement studs on my bike, and I have never broken one.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-15-2023, 04:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Honda OEM studs are part number 90128-ke2-940 to replace the broken one. The chinese versions tend to be very hit or miss in quality, some break, others don't.

Yep. Had mine snap on me when I was about a mile from home.
Left an intersection and lost all power... rear sprocket was just spinning.

Ironically this was right after someone told me "Nice bike" at the store.

Old 04-15-2023, 05:46 PM   #21

I have a Lifan KPR and this thread made me get off my chair and go look just to be sure. Thanks!

Old 04-18-2023, 08:57 AM   #22

got the bolts , now i am putting it back together, quick question , does the axle spacer go ton the chain side? looks like the brake caliper just fits into the hub on the otherside , but it seems like a tight fit with having to slide the caliper in the slot on the swing arm. Any links to video would be great

Old 04-18-2023, 09:34 AM   #23

Quote:
got the bolts , now i am putting it back together, quick question , does the axle spacer go ton the chain side? looks like the brake caliper just fits into the hub on the otherside , but it seems like a tight fit with having to slide the caliper in the slot on the swing arm. Any links to video would be great
Yes, the spacer goes on the chain side. The brake caliper bracket is the spacer for the brake side.

Yes, it is a bit of a tight fit and a little tricky to get it all lined up and installed properly.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124