Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2017, 04:47 AM   #1

Zstar 110cc- Questions on cheap mods

Hello everyone! I'm new to the whole forum deal and also to ChinaRiders. I have a spare Loncin 110cc motor and suspension and plan on doing an off-road shopping cart build with my son and nephew and would like to get some info on how I could go about squeezing a few more hp out of the motor. I plan on putting a mikuni vm22 carb on it with a crf50 exhaust to get a little more fire into the motor. I also have a solid axle with a single spring rear end and the front upper and lower A arms with shocks to put on the cart. So far I have the motor apart and replacing the piston/rings and auto clutch(if I can find one). Pair that with a smaller front sprocket, it should wake up a little bit right? I'm not looking to sell my truck to pay for this project but I have a couple spare bucks to put into it. Is there any other carb/motor/exhaust upgrades that would work better? Thanks in advance!

Old 06-05-2017, 10:09 AM   #2

clutch

I am in Saskatoon... I have a clutch for you.. look on Saskatoon kijiji under atv.. or atv parts.. and call me

Old 06-05-2017, 12:45 PM   #3

Welcome!

I think you're on the right track with carb and exhaust upgrades. I'd also stick a decent foam pod filter on the carb to keep dust and dirt out.

When you say auto clutch, is it a 4 speed with an auto clutch, or simply a centrifugal clutch with no gears?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #4

Its a centrifugal clutch. Sorry about the late reply but I was at the lake and the reception was bad. Seems a few storms had taken the shed down so I was on clean-up duty. Any idea what sort of jets to order for the carb? Cant quite figure out a good flow for this carb. Tried it on the kids zstar 110cc quad but its either too rich or too lean. cant seem to find the right ratio of fuel to air. Been fooling around with it for the past couple of days to no avail. Also any ideas on what else I could use in place of the crf50 exhaust? Even Ebay is asking over $200 without shipping. TIA.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:27 PM   #5

Don't expect any real power with only one forward gear. My daughter had a quad like that when she was about 7, and it was perfect for her. For jetting guidance, just do a plug chop at whatever RPM you're targeting; that'll get you headed in the right direction. For exhaust, you'll eventually find a pit bike system with free shipping from China if you search long enough. Keep your searches generic, like "pit bike muffler" or "atv muffler."

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer