Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2022, 07:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFOlivier View Post
Hooked up my computer to the ECU and connected started recording a logfile and went for a short ride with the computer in a backpack. First of all a note came up saying that the ECU was primitive and only refreshed every second. When I look at the dashboard I can see movement in the engine speed, see the engine temp and all sorts of other useless information. Of particular interest is my altitude of 1533 meters when in actual fact I am not much more than about 20 meters above the chesapeake bay. Also the play logfile has me down as a Lifan CTS 125cc xml whatever that is. Still in the dark here can anyone add some light.
John
I'm not sure what you are trying to do. If your intention is tuning, you need to be able to download the complete flash. When you select 'Download entire flash' does it download a bin? If it does post it here.

I would advise reading all of the 'help' docs included with the app. It tells about the xml file and how to fix some of the "errors".

Old 06-22-2022, 07:57 PM   #17

If this works like most programmers I've used, you download you stock file to your PC then edit that file to load back in the ECU. It's not a can tune like hand held tuners.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-22-2022, 08:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
If this works like most programmers I've used, you download you stock file to your PC then edit that file to load back in the ECU. It's not a can tune like hand held tuners.
That's how I imagined it to work as well. I haven't seen a stock flash/bin for this Lifan ECU so hopefully it will download it but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 06-23-2022, 09:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Hooked up my computer to the ECU and connected started recording a logfile and went for a short ride with the computer in a backpack. First of all a note came up saying that the ECU was primitive and only refreshed every second. When I look at the dashboard I can see movement in the engine speed, see the engine temp and all sorts of other useless information. Of particular interest is my altitude of 1533 meters when in actual fact I am not much more than about 20 meters above the chesapeake bay. Also the play logfile has me down as a Lifan CTS 125cc xml whatever that is. Still in the dark here can anyone add some light.
John
FYI- The altimeter function may not be calibrated, but it will still respond to changes, which is all that is important. The refresh rate is slow, but the programmed enrichment curves respond to throttle position and rpm, which are continuous input (not reliant on the sensor refresh rate). Things like temperature and altitude are affected by refresh rate, but they change slowly anyway.

Regarding the tune file, yes, I am sure that you load a modified tune file, just like I did for my Turbo diesel VW. So what you need is a tune file to load into the ECU. Either get one from someone, or if you can (like Jerry sez), edit your file on a computer and then reload it.

Old 06-23-2022, 09:06 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teklock View Post
That's how I imagined it to work as well. I haven't seen a stock flash/bin for this Lifan ECU so hopefully it will download it but I'm not holding my breath.
Well hopefully once we all start tuning someone will have a tune developed that they can share with everyone. I know i will for the KPX 250.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-23-2022, 10:47 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Well hopefully once we all start tuning someone will have a tune developed that they can share with everyone. I know i will for the KPX 250.
I agree, this is going to be awesome if it comes to be.

ps I had a KPR shipped out via RL carriers from the LA area and was scheduled to be delivered on Friday. Well today the tracking was updated and it's out for delivery so you may be getting yours early as well!

Old 06-23-2022, 12:10 PM   #22

If you look at post #1 and the ECU hacker dashboard you will also see his altitude at 1533 Meters so something does not pass the smell test. At present I am trying to figure out how the system works before I try to tune anything. Has anyone taken a look at their Lifan X-pects ECU and seen if it is the same as my Hunier Hunier ECU, The ECU hacker dashboard has a list of ECU's one of which is a Lifan for some 125cc bike so how do we know that it is correctly reading the parrameters of the actual Hunier on the x-pect.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:17 PM   #23

To add another thought, if the ECU was computing fuel ratio at sea level how would that change at 5000 ft would it be richer or leaner. I would guess that there would be less air and then less fuel to keep the O2 sensor in its range.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:17 PM   #24

Quote:
If you look at post #1 and the ECU hacker dashboard you will also see his altitude at 1533 Meters so something does not pass the smell test. At present I am trying to figure out how the system works before I try to tune anything. Has anyone taken a look at their Lifan X-pects ECU and seen if it is the same as my Hunier Hunier ECU, The ECU hacker dashboard has a list of ECU's one of which is a Lifan for some 125cc bike so how do we know that it is correctly reading the parrameters of the actual Hunier on the x-pect.
Until the logfile xml file is adjusted (in the logs folder) to your exact bike I would expect some of the prems to be incorrect. The important part is being able to download the entire flash to a local bin file that you can edit.

Old 06-23-2022, 03:43 PM   #25

Well coneected again this afternoon, altitude now showed 5 meters which is more like it. Tried to down load the the flash memory and it came up with " this feature is only for the MT 05" by the way my ECU hacker is the 4.6 version.
I am trying to find out how to change the XML files.

Old 06-23-2022, 04:23 PM   #26

Mad

Quote:
" this feature is only for the MT 05"

Thats what I was afraid of. Unfortunately, we won't be able to tune these newer non-MTO5 Lifan ECUs.

Old 06-23-2022, 05:03 PM   #27

I am sure sooner or later the information on these Hunier ECU's will get added, although at this stage maybe gettin a good carb fitted to the X-pect could be an option.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:41 AM   #28

Smile Didn't realize the Hunier and Lifan ECUs were different, we still have some options.

While it's not as tunable as a full ECU Re-Flash. If anyone else just wants Air/Fuel Ratio control after modifying their EFI Lifans. Then you can easily use a EFI-Enhancer that modifies the alternating voltage of the O2 Sensor within 12.7-16.7 before it goes into limp mode and thinks the O2 Sensor is dead. Anything more will require an Openport 2.0 Re-flash of more aggressive fuel maps. If you want to modify the Ignition advance without causing interference with the vacuum advance system then you'd have to modify the Intake Air Temp Sensor alongside the vacuum advance system which can rest at -8 Degrees before TDC at idle and climb to +17 Degrees After TDC at 9000RPMs. Since it's fuel injected and the ECU runs the ignition advance curve, you can't just put a performance CDI on it to keep the ignition advance from flattening out at 5000Rpms. For that you'd need a Magnum Dyno-Boost Module to manipulate the ignition advance alongside the vacuum advance to keep it from flattening out and of course EFI-Enhancement for Air/Fuel Ratio Control.

So for under 50 DAI you can get a good EFI-Enhancer.
(https://eagle-research.com/product/e...r-efie-device/)

Though a Magnum Performance Chip will cost you 300 DAI, though the reviews are great.
(https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/deta...200-dual-sport)

Either way, you'll have full Air/Fuel Ratio Control within Limp Mode Limits.

Old 04-25-2023, 02:23 AM   #29

I’m interested in being able to tune my Vitacci clash 168cc efi scooter. Can anyone help me out?

Old 09-06-2023, 07:31 PM   #30

Pretty awesome if it does what it claims, others try this? I might...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingRAPTRcom View Post
While it's not as tunable as a full ECU Re-Flash. If anyone else just wants Air/Fuel Ratio control after modifying their EFI Lifans. Then you can easily use a EFI-Enhancer that modifies the alternating voltage of the O2 Sensor within 12.7-16.7 before it goes into limp mode and thinks the O2 Sensor is dead. Anything more will require an Openport 2.0 Re-flash of more aggressive fuel maps. If you want to modify the Ignition advance without causing interference with the vacuum advance system then you'd have to modify the Intake Air Temp Sensor alongside the vacuum advance system which can rest at -8 Degrees before TDC at idle and climb to +17 Degrees After TDC at 9000RPMs. Since it's fuel injected and the ECU runs the ignition advance curve, you can't just put a performance CDI on it to keep the ignition advance from flattening out at 5000Rpms. For that you'd need a Magnum Dyno-Boost Module to manipulate the ignition advance alongside the vacuum advance to keep it from flattening out and of course EFI-Enhancement for Air/Fuel Ratio Control.

So for under 50 DAI you can get a good EFI-Enhancer.
(https://eagle-research.com/product/e...r-efie-device/)

Though a Magnum Performance Chip will cost you 300 DAI, though the reviews are great.
(https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/deta...200-dual-sport)

Either way, you'll have full Air/Fuel Ratio Control within Limp Mode Limits.

-2022 Lifan KPX250
-2023 Hawk X
-2022 Brozz Recon
-2021 Raven 250
-2022 RPS Condor w CG250
-2020 Hellcat (whitey) w ZS190
-2012 Suzuki DRZ400
- Bunch of other $heet with wheels and tracks THATS RIGHT!

MotoCheez on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/MotoCheez
MotoCheez Website.
[URL="http://www.motocheez.com[/URL]

Tags
ecu, flashing, lifan, tuner, x-pect