Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2022, 07:45 AM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeTitan View Post
I am familiar with the part you are referring to. It sits on a bearing. That part isn’t missing. Either the arm isn’t connecting with it (I don’t think that’s it) or for some reason that part isn’t depressing (my rolling theory). Is it possible to depress that with your hand to check if it actually depresses or is it to strong to do with your hand?
No, not possible with your hand. You should be able to move the clutch arm with a pair a channel lock pliers. Maybe the clutch arm isn't properly mounted on the splined shaft? There should be a point where contact is made when splined shaft is rotated to engage the clutch moving in the direction of cable mount, then mount the clutch arm where the cable starts to engage the clutch upon pulling the lever. I'm hoping you should be able to adjust free play and full clutch dis-engagement then. Good luck.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:57 AM   #197

Speedo stopped working

Hey all I'm new to this forum I never posted before but have used alot of info from everyone on her bout my xpro 250 dlx I recently was riding in yard and went over bump and after I noticed speedo wasn't reading anymore I was wondering if there's supposed to be magnet on the front rotor if so it fell off that's prob y it doesn't work was wondering if anyone on her knows about speedo sensor thanks.

Old 11-09-2022, 05:03 PM   #198

Speedo pick-up is on the front wheel near brake caliper. It has threaded adjustment. Are you sure you have the front wheel spacers on correctly? There is a short and a long one. That can cause the sensor to be too close or too far away. Also doublecheck the electrical plug to speedo.Good luck

Old 11-10-2022, 04:57 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby347ci View Post
Hey all I'm new to this forum I never posted before but have used alot of info from everyone on her bout my xpro 250 dlx I recently was riding in yard and went over bump and after I noticed speedo wasn't reading anymore I was wondering if there's supposed to be magnet on the front rotor if so it fell off that's prob y it doesn't work was wondering if anyone on her knows about speedo sensor thanks.
See my previous post.

Old 11-11-2022, 01:10 AM   #200

Hey Serverely, just wanted to say thanks for the advise. Turns out the clutch was bad (not sure how). When I slapped a new clutch in the bike it magically worked. Rode it for 100 miles already (after swapping carbs, jets, cdi box, coil, plug, deleting the egr and adjusting the vavles). I love this bike.

Old 01-10-2023, 02:38 PM   #201

What is a good replacement option for a kickstarter? Previous owner in all their wisdom decided to remove mine and the replacement I bought just smacks into the footpeg.

Also, does anyone know if a crf230 electric starter would work in these? I in all MY wisdom cranked the bike too much and think I have burnt out the starter.

Old 04-10-2023, 10:11 AM   #202

A quick update since I have not been on in a while. Titan has been running well, brake caliper bolts vibrated out on the trail one day so I had to limp home with no brakes which was fun.
New development, KTM plastics 13-15 do not fit on the titan. not a single piece. if anyone has a link to a new set of plastics other than Orion please let me know.

Thanks

Old 04-11-2023, 03:35 PM   #203

Also quick Header question, does anyone know if this header will work on the titan? i have seen both this header and the 223cc header links on this thread but Orion no longer makes the 223cc option.
https://www.orionpowersports.com/sta...-249cc-engine/

Old 04-22-2023, 07:21 AM   #204

I recently purchased a spare rear wheel for my Titan and ran into a problem I think everyone needs to be aware of. Upon disassembly I noticed the swingarm was deformed where it was tightened in the swingarm. On further investigation I noticed that the outside wheel bearing spacers were very sloppily made, too much ID clearance around the axle and IMO an insufficient amount of engagement on the swingarm itself, insufficient OD to rest/tighten to the swingarm itself. I think this is the issue that caused tkjn99's rear wheel to fall off. The combination of sloppily made spacers and a too large slot for the rear axle to go through creates an unsafe situation for ALL Titan owners and needs checking ASAP. My solution was to purchase 2 SS flat washers to install between the outside spacers and the inside of the swingarm. The dimensions for spacer are 15MM ID, 32mm minimum OD and .013mm or .005" thickness. Obviously you'll need to file/grind/cut the outside spacer .005 to match sprocket alignment on the chain side, I didn't do this on the brake side without ill effects. I hope ALL Titan owners take a look at your rear wheel/swingarm first chance you get as we've already seen 1 person in a serious accident because of this issue. When you pull the rear wheel and spacers you'll probably see the swingarm deformed where the spacers tightened against it and tried to "push through" it, because of beforementioned factory inaccuracies rendering your torquing of the wheel to swingarm irrelevant because you're actually tightening the wheel against itself. Good luck to all, ride safely.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:37 PM   #205

would you be able to post some photos of the problem and your fix? I have 400 miles on my titan and have had no issues but now I'm nervous and want to address the issue.

Old 05-23-2023, 07:04 AM   #206

Hey Lee1991, did you get an opportunity to check your swingarm for damage?

Old 06-07-2023, 03:40 PM   #207

I did. I wasn't seeing the scale of damage you were but I only have 400 miles on the bike. I am going to keep an eye on it going forward. thank you so much for the photo's and the help.

Also, what has everyone done about air filters for this thing? Mine does not fit as tight as I would like but I see no way of putting on a pod filter without destroying the airbox.

Old 06-12-2023, 04:10 PM   #208

I bought a replacement recommended earlier in this link and greased around the edge thoroughly. No issues so far. Good luck.

Old 06-19-2023, 12:07 PM   #209

Ok I have a few more questions for all current and past titan owners. let me know your thought;

1) What sprockets and chains did you buy to replace the OEM ones? I'm looking to gain low end power if possible since I'm using it as a trail bike. Links would be great.

2) when I perfectly align the rear tire based on the marks on the swing arm my tire hits my chain. I have to leave it a hair out of alignment for it to clear. Anyone else have this issue?

3) New rear shock and spring? Has anyone bought on and how do you like it?

4) Has anyone found graphics kits that fit the plastics?

Thanks for all the help,

Old 06-20-2023, 12:09 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee1991 View Post
Ok I have a few more questions for all current and past titan owners. let me know your thought;

1) What sprockets and chains did you buy to replace the OEM ones? I'm looking to gain low end power if possible since I'm using it as a trail bike. Links would be great.

2) when I perfectly align the rear tire based on the marks on the swing arm my tire hits my chain. I have to leave it a hair out of alignment for it to clear. Anyone else have this issue?

3) New rear shock and spring? Has anyone bought on and how do you like it?

4) Has anyone found graphics kits that fit the plastics?

Thanks for all the help,
Sprockets to use are posted earlier in this link, they are correct as I've used them.2 . No, I don't have this issue but I suggest using a straight edge or string to align front and rear wheels to make sure they are pointed in the same direction. 3 I've been looking for a rear shock also, measured length is 480 mm and I think 900 to 1000 lbs should be the spring rate needed for 220 to 250 lbs rider weight . Please let us know if you're able to get/share info. 4 no info to share.