Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2018, 02:00 AM   #1

Hello

Hello,

I'm new here. Name's Raphael. I was born in Brazil, but live in Virginia.

Last year, I bought Zongshen ZS125GY, with the intentions of getting it running and having it be a dual sport to play around on. The bike was not in running order, and I don't think it's ever been registered, as there was no title. The battery was dead, it was missing a fuel line from the petcock to the carburetor, the front brake (hydraulic) was shot, as the little screen where you usually check the level was busted. But it had good compression and seemed viable. So I bought it for $80. "What a steal!" I thought. But upon getting home and taking it apart, giving her a bath, and taking a real good look at it, I think I may have bit more than I could chew, as I could not for the life of me find parts for it anywhere. I ended up breaking the petcock while cleaning it, so I need a new one of those now too. Cleaned the carburetor too, but that was fine, other than needing a new throttle cable/assembly as well as new grips.

Well the winter was too cold this year for me to be in the garage fixing her up, so I put it off. Now it's summer again and I want her up and running so I can finally enjoy riding her. I've decided I'm going to basically have to use aftermarket parts and maybe even fabricate my own things to get this thing in any usable way. I haven't even begun thinking about making it road ready. Not until it's running and functional anyways. I'll leave that headache for later.

Anyways, I was watching youtuber Each Adventure, and he said this was a strong community and I hoped I could get some help finding parts for this poor bike. I will put some pictures up soon so you guys can get a look at her. I have the pics on my phone though, and right now I'm on my computer.

I look forward to learning from everyone here!

Raphael

Tags
help!, parts, zongshen