Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2022, 09:09 PM   #1

800cc CFMoto Adventure Bike

Hey, y'all.

Pretty interesting read:

https://motorbikewriter.com/review-c...eid=e834c3aa94

olds_cool63
=======
Johnny Pag Pagsta (replaced 50cc engine with 110cc, modded-out)
2007 Tank Vision Topline Khaos (cosmetic mods, cherry-bombs)
2005 Kymco Vitality 50 2T (70cc big bore kit, other race mods...tops out at 67mph)
2008 Hyosung GT250 (cosmetic mods)
2001 Suzuki Bandit GFS1200S (cosmetic and slight mods...150mph+)

Old 05-25-2022, 07:38 PM   #2

They lost me "Piling on the technology"... If I wanted that level of sophistication, I'd buy a BMW and follow in Ewan and Charlie's footsteps. Simple is best.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 05-27-2022, 12:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
They lost me "Piling on the technology"... If I wanted that level of sophistication, I'd buy a BMW and follow in Ewan and Charlie's footsteps. Simple is best.
Not sure where 'technology' is supposed to be a good thing when it comes to motorcycles, and to a lot of extent, vehicles in general.

I understand that engines have to get more technology thanks to stricter emissions, at least in industrialized nations, but there is a lot of technology that seems to be technology just for the sake of it, not necessity. The article is from Australia which has massive amounts of wilderness, not to mention there are many places with massive amounts of wilderness. 'Adventure' bikes are meant for THESE wilderness areas, and the worry about being stranded in the literal middle of nowhere due to 'technology' is not something I would want to experience.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-04-2022, 08:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds_cool63 View Post
Hey, y'all.

Pretty interesting read:

https://motorbikewriter.com/review-c...eid=e834c3aa94
Ty, good to know

Old 08-08-2022, 01:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Not sure where 'technology' is supposed to be a good thing when it comes to motorcycles, and to a lot of extent, vehicles in general.

I understand that engines have to get more technology thanks to stricter emissions, at least in industrialized nations, but there is a lot of technology that seems to be technology just for the sake of it, not necessity. The article is from Australia which has massive amounts of wilderness, not to mention there are many places with massive amounts of wilderness. 'Adventure' bikes are meant for THESE wilderness areas, and the worry about being stranded in the literal middle of nowhere due to 'technology' is not something I would want to experience.

I know this guy, he loves to ride motorcycle but he is short on cash, so he can't really afford a 650 from Yamaha, Honda, etc.
A Cfmoto is pretty much 1/3 of an equivalent 650 from the big brands.
He had two cfmoto 400, he sells them when they reach the 50.000 km mark.
Last year he got a Cfmoto 650, he is very happy with it..
But he had an issue when the motorcycle was brand new, while he was riding the motorcycle just shut off. He couldn't turn it on again, there was no signs of anything wrong it... It was a loose wire that was messing with the ecu....

Old 08-08-2022, 02:02 PM   #6

There's a CFMoto dealer about an hour from me and im in the market for an ADV.. hmm.. may have to check them out

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 08-11-2022, 12:51 AM   #7

Perhaps prices are different in Argentina but the price quoted, even in Australian dollars, is not 1/3 the cost of a Honda NC 750, A Yamaha T7 or possibly a V Strom 650 or Versy 650 here in the states.

And every CF Moto dealer does not sell Motorcycles. Many only sell and service SXS off road vehicles and will have nothing to do with a motorbike.

Old 08-13-2022, 12:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by krat View Post

And every CF Moto dealer does not sell Motorcycles. Many only sell and service SXS off road vehicles and will have nothing to do with a motorbike.
In the states you mean?

Belgium
https://cfmotobenelux.be/
Uk
https://www.cfmoto.co.uk/motorcycles/800mt-touring/

Because outside the US, they are quite popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krat View Post
Perhaps prices are different in Argentina but the price quoted, even in Australian dollars, is not 1/3 the cost of a Honda NC 750, A Yamaha T7 or possibly a V Strom 650 or Versy 650 here in the states.
Yes i was talking about here, in Europe the gap is smaller. But still big enough that they are selling quite well.

The Chinese are making a lot of deals with KTM, BMW, among other brands even Japanese ones like Kawasaki. So the trend is going to keep growing.

Old 09-01-2022, 09:27 PM   #9

The real problem with adventure/tour is WEIGHT. They all mention it. But apparently it is a little worse than usual on this bike. Would you feel comfortable taking a 231kg (510 pounds) motorcycle on ANY surface you weren't sure you could maintain two wheels on the ground!?

And that is before luggage and fuel. The the weight is HIGH on these bikes, including the weight of the fuel and any luggage you might add.

If you dump it on the trail once, maybe you can pick it up. Maybe you will be waiting for someone on a dirt bike to rescue you!

These are road bikes, including firm gravel forest service roads. Adventure tourers ride their bike 97% on pavement. Don't they look cool? Nice road bike.

Old 11-09-2023, 06:03 AM   #10

I've never bought anything brand new but if the price is right here in Australia I might be start scrounging for coins behind the sofa...