Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2020, 05:56 PM   #1

Mod: Firm up that fender tailight/plate assembly

Mod: Firm up the fender tail-light/plate assembly
Cost: $0
Time: 45 minutes
Bike: 2020 Bashan Brozz Recon 250

After noticing how bouncy the tail-light/plate assembly could be i decided to firm it up with a piece of the metal bracing that came with the Brozz Recon that i recently bought. It may look a bit crude as a finished product but it does the job and is out-of-sight.

Process:
Make an approximate 75 degree bend and then cut to length as shown in the pic. Drill a hole large enough so that you can use the exhaust nut/bolt as a connection point. Drill another hole in the bottom bracing section that aligns with the hole in the plate assembly that has the rubber grommet in it. Locate a nut/bolt for this connection. Assemble and tighten down. Enjoy your fender tail-light/plate which is now much more rigid and less prone to fall off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201109_162431_resized.jpg (32.8 KB, 201 views)

Old 11-09-2020, 10:05 PM   #2

Nice! I did the same but opposite??
Instead of firming it up I just lightened it because I hated all the reflectors.
Armed up the dremel with a cut-off wheel, and I cut the plastic at the bottom of the fender into a new pointed shape while cutting off that rectangular reflector.
Looks factory.
Then I used the same dremel and wheel and cut off the side reflectors. Bike looks cleaner now IMO.

Old 11-10-2020, 06:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwowzer View Post
Nice! I did the same but opposite??
Instead of firming it up I just lightened it because I hated all the reflectors.
Armed up the dremel with a cut-off wheel, and I cut the plastic at the bottom of the fender into a new pointed shape while cutting off that rectangular reflector.
Looks factory.
Then I used the same dremel and wheel and cut off the side reflectors. Bike looks cleaner now IMO.

I may do something similar in the future, but let me ask, do you notice alot of dirt/mud kickback to the tail light as a result?

Can you attach a pic of your mod?

Old 11-20-2020, 11:07 PM   #4

Not any more dirt or mud got on the light than it did with more of the fender in place. The fender itself I didn't trim much.. just the plastic pieces attaching the very bottom reflector, and then the metal bracket was trimmed to take off the side reflectors. The actual plastic fender stayed the same roughly

Old 11-21-2020, 08:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwowzer View Post
Not any more dirt or mud got on the light than it did with more of the fender in place. The fender itself I didn't trim much.. just the plastic pieces attaching the very bottom reflector, and then the metal bracket was trimmed to take off the side reflectors. The actual plastic fender stayed the same roughly
Thanks.. i just installed a full exhaust and the endcap is too close to the side plate reflector bracket. I plan on angle grinding those side reflectors off as well and will look closer at the rear fender bottom to see if i can shave anything off and keep it functional.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X