Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2016, 07:30 PM   #1

Rhino Rear End Problems Need Help and Warning

OK, here is the warning. I thought I had checked all the bolts and put blue loktite on them. I neglected the bolt for the chain tensioner and the bolt above that holds the axle in place.

How I found it was I just fixed the sputtering issue and took off riding. It was running well but when I tried to backup, it took quite a few RPM's to backup like the brake was on. When I went forward, it went fine. I rode for a few minutes and the chain came off. I thought the chain tensioner was loose so tried to adjust it and noticed the bolt that hold the end on was gone. I bought a new bolt and couldn't get it to line up. Then I noticed the bolt on the top of the axle was also gone.

I took the bolt off the other side to be sure I got the right size. When I took it off, the assembly rotated and I couldn't get it to go back. I thought maybe the shock was holding it down so took that off and luckily had a jack under the rack to make sure it did not come crashing down on the tires.

Need help now trying to get the axle assembly to rotate back up. I have the wheels off and have it jacked up as well the shock off. How do I line the axle housing up with swingarm?

WARNING: Check ALL the bolts and loktite them. Also, when removing the shock, be sure to hold up the rack and seat and body with a jack.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:54 AM   #2

You mean just to rotate the axle assembly back? Have you loosened the adjusters, etc?

Man...I've been beating my Rhino like a bad mule and not a problem...no locktite or anything. This is amazing! I hope you get this figured out soon! Keep us posted. Pics?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-25-2016, 04:41 PM   #3

I will try to get pics posted tonight. It is real hard to explain in words. Basically the adjuster screws into the axle housing and that bolt was missing. I went to replace the bolt and the "gap" would not line up with the threaded hole on the sway bar. Then I noticed the bolt on the top that connects the top of the axle housing to the sway bar was missing. I took the bolt off the other side to be sure I had the right size and the axle housing rotated down towards me. Now I can't seem to rotate the housing back up to line up the holes for the bolt. I will take pictures and point to the areas I am talking about.