Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #1

How to disable killswitch on Magician 250

Having a hard time getting my Magician to start. When she did start the killswitch seemed to not work right. I'd turn it off but it would stay on then off then back on until I fiddled with it. Any ideas how to bypass it . This is next to throttle not kickstand.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ielati View Post
Having a hard time getting my Magician to start. When she did start the killswitch seemed to not work right. I'd turn it off but it would stay on then off then back on until I fiddled with it. Any ideas how to bypass it . This is next to throttle not kickstand.
If that bike is new, I would put in a warranty claim with whoever you bought it from. If you trace the wire from the key switch, you will find where the 'hot' lead goes up to the switch next to the throttle twistgrip and then comes out. Put a jumper wire from the hot wire on one side of the red switch to the other. If that doesn't do the trick, let us know....ARH

Old 08-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #3

Well it turns out its not the kill switch! I pulled the seat off, ripped open the air box, shot some starting fluid in and she fired right up. Its not getting fuel as it should. Going to play around more with the carb and see if i cant figure it out.