Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2021, 07:29 AM   #271

I had to get a hydraulic jack to pick up on the engine to get the motor brace bracket back to where it needed to be.I think this air hose will last longer,just hope I didn't damage it with a flat blade screwdriver while trying to get it's lip inside the air box.Wish I had had a new clamp also to install because hopefully this is the last time with dealing with the air box hose for awhile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new air hose 006.JPG (171.8 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg new air hose 008.JPG (150.0 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg new air hose 002.JPG (173.4 KB, 225 views)

Old 04-07-2021, 07:46 AM   #272

VMC does sell 2 different kinds of air hoses for these atv's.
https://www.vmcchineseparts.com/coll...cc-atv-go-kart
https://www.vmcchineseparts.com/coll...aotao-bull-150
I supposedly got the longer of the 2 thinking it would make it easier to install plus one of the reviews said they had bought it for a Bull 200 and it fit perfectly.

Old 04-07-2021, 10:19 PM   #273

Yeah it seems that stock hose is junk. My local powersports shop just built a brand new Bull for me to test ride, and the brand new hose was already perforated in three spots along the accordion. I pointed it out and they said they know about it and will be swapping out the hose and associated kit when they replace the carb, which they do as standard procedure because the stock ones suck.

Also of note, the guy had three other Bulls recently shipped and they were strange, different and inferior. All red...not the red and white, but red with black writing and they all came with drum front brakes instead of disc and no digital tach/speedometer...only a smaller, simpler "F N R" display, similar to what came on my Tao T-Force 125/135D model. Not sure why, but it seems like maybe Tao is shipping a mix of units with mixed and matched parts. The guy did mention that the Texas distribution/warehouse is halted due to Covid right now and he can't get any more for the short term.

This place also deals in Vitacci and has some 300 Terminators (Linhai), but for almost 2x the price of the Bull. It's a big jump in price, but the 300 is 2x4/4x4, comes with a winch and trailer hitch installed and a lot of other goodies. I live on 5 acres, most of which is in back of the house, on the side of a mountain. I need the torque and power to climb those hills and tow a trailer with branches and logs etc. Not sure the Bull would be enough to get that job done. Anyone have an opinion on that?

Old 04-08-2021, 08:14 AM   #274

It will go anywhere any other 2 wheel drive atv's will go.The only thing that bothers the Bull is weight,if it was a little heavier it would probably pull more.I have used mine to pull a cart or hooked up to limb's.I have hooked up to some I wasn't able to pull but never was I not able to pull the cart loaded down with firewood or rocks.I'm getting ready to start picking up rocks out of my garden,looking at the garden you would think I was raising rocks,got a lot of flint rock here where I live in Kentucky.Power wise the Bull has plenty,never has it bogged out on me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bull in wild 008.JPG (161.8 KB, 215 views)

Old 04-08-2021, 08:16 AM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvplex View Post
Yeah it seems that stock hose is junk. My local powersports shop just built a brand new Bull for me to test ride, and the brand new hose was already perforated in three spots along the accordion. I pointed it out and they said they know about it and will be swapping out the hose and associated kit when they replace the carb, which they do as standard procedure because the stock ones suck.

Also of note, the guy had three other Bulls recently shipped and they were strange, different and inferior. All red...not the red and white, but red with black writing and they all came with drum front brakes instead of disc and no digital tach/speedometer...only a smaller, simpler "F N R" display, similar to what came on my Tao T-Force 125/135D model. Not sure why, but it seems like maybe Tao is shipping a mix of units with mixed and matched parts. The guy did mention that the Texas distribution/warehouse is halted due to Covid right now and he can't get any more for the short term.

This place also deals in Vitacci and has some 300 Terminators (Linhai), but for almost 2x the price of the Bull. It's a big jump in price, but the 300 is 2x4/4x4, comes with a winch and trailer hitch installed and a lot of other goodies. I live on 5 acres, most of which is in back of the house, on the side of a mountain. I need the torque and power to climb those hills and tow a trailer with branches and logs etc. Not sure the Bull would be enough to get that job done. Anyone have an opinion on that?

If money doesn't matter I would go with the 4x4.The new Bull doesn't even come with a hitch.

Old 04-18-2021, 11:19 AM   #276

I have got to get some grease fittings installed,specially one on the swing arm.What size and type,they have press in or screw in???I would like to put one where ever I can but definitely have to get one on the swing arm.Starting to get a lot of side to side movement.I don't know what's going to happen when I undo the swing arm,are needle bearings going to go everywhere?I reckon I got to take it all a part to tap it for a zerk fitting or maybe have to put one on each end of the swing arm,I don't know yet.I have been to partskit just to see if I can figure out what all is involved in the swing arm bearings or bushings.
https://partskit.com/product/111909
https://partskit.com/product/101097
https://partskit.com/product/105112

Last edited by dugndeep; 04-19-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Old 04-19-2021, 05:05 PM   #277

I took my swing arm loose and one of the needle bearing's lip is broke and you can see the needle bearings.The other side looks okay.Almost looks like they broke that right side needle bearing when they pressed it in there.I got my back tires switched so they will wear that way a little while,just thought I would tell that before somebody said you got your tires on backards.I had better pictures but I swear I don't know where their at on this computer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg needle bearings 2021-04-19 001.JPG (174.2 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg needle bearings 2021-04-19 002.JPG (170.7 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg needle bearings 2021-04-19 003.JPG (170.1 KB, 170 views)

Old 04-19-2021, 06:50 PM   #278

lost pics,looks like they done that during assembly.The left side needle bearing is sticking out a little.Get some measurements and go back with something a whole lot better than what they have here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg needle bearing 006.JPG (174.2 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg needle bearing 005.JPG (178.3 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg needle bearing 002.JPG (174.0 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg needle bearing 003.JPG (160.8 KB, 176 views)

Old 04-20-2021, 10:36 AM   #279

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000402614450.html
Need the ones without an inner ring.

Old 04-20-2021, 10:41 AM   #280

https://www.hendersonbearings.co.uk/...9x27x16mm.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000402614450.html

Old 04-20-2021, 11:14 AM   #281

Now how to get it out without destroying the swing arm bushing?

Old 04-20-2021, 11:25 AM   #282

These are from my Rhino so I suspect they are the same as the Bull. Zerks need to be installed over the groove in the bearing race so grease can flow to the hole and into the bearing. I drilled and tapped mine but there isn't much meat there so welding a nut on to hold the Zerks would be better.

Parts Kit has all the parts, for the Rhino anyway. Be sure to get the spacer too as it also serves as the inner race, and it's pretty soft.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:51 PM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post

These are from my Rhino so I suspect they are the same as the Bull. Zerks need to be installed over the groove in the bearing race so grease can flow to the hole and into the bearing. I drilled and tapped mine but there isn't much meat there so welding a nut on to hold the Zerks would be better.

Parts Kit has all the parts, for the Rhino anyway. Be sure to get the spacer too as it also serves as the inner race, and it's pretty soft.

That's the only way you can do it is the way you done it because of the swing arm bushing.The needle bearing their showing on partskit(bottom pic) doesn't have a groove for the grease or an opening for it to get to the needles.I was going to order 2 like the top picture.I'm going to use two Alemite 3016's for the zerk fittings.Their a 10-32nd thread that is 1/8" long.https://www.huyett.com/products/grease-fittings-lubrication/fittings/grease-fittings/a3016?searchText=3016

Old 04-21-2021, 07:03 PM   #284

How hard is it to get the stock needle bearings out and how to get them out without destroying your swing arm bushing?

Old 04-22-2021, 10:33 AM   #285

There is no bushing. To remove the bearings I find a socket that has an outside diameter that matches the inner race/spacer diameter and tap it out from the opposite side.