Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2022, 11:19 PM   #1

Exclamation I tried to order a Templar X 250 from PowersportsMax.

I tried to order a Templar X 250 from PowersportsMax, but when I pushed confirm it put me to a random page and I'm not sure if the order went through. I checked the order history on my account page and it doesn't show anything but I'm not sure if it takes time to update. Do I need to order it again? Or is it better to call them and order on the phone?

Last edited by Flapango; 09-29-2022 at 11:20 PM. Reason: I need to put it in the dealer section.

Old 09-30-2022, 07:02 AM   #2

I'd call them.....
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 10-01-2022, 10:22 AM   #3

I tried to buy one last week. I ordered on Friday (2099.95 with free shipping), got the email that said I ordered it would be at my house in 5 to 8 business days. Then I received an email that said they had a problem with my card because I had a different billing and shipping address. They asked me to fill out a form, and send photos of my drivers license and debit card (both redacted.) Following Monday got another email that said everything was good and I would be updated "shortly".

I looked at my bank app and it said that my card had been charged 2099.00. I waited a couple of days and sent them an email asking if they had a rough idea of when the bike would be shipped. I got back a non-answer that I would be updated.

Yesterday I looked at my bank app and the charge had disappeared. I sent them another email telling them this, and ask what was up. No response.

I wanted that bike, but i don't want to do business with XProUSA. Seems to me they sold the bike I ordered and didn't want to say it. Amazon as of yesterday (Sept 30) said that the Templar X would be delivered between Oct 8 and Oct 27, and with a 399.00 shipping charge.

Hope you are "luckier" than me, still sounds like a good bike, but I ordered a Lifan KPX 250 from Venom Motorsports instead. Life is too short for screwing around with crap businesses like XPro etc.

Btw, anybody need a 38t rear sprocket for the Templar X? I have one.. Good thing the front sprocket fits the KPX. And the jet kit will work for my Honda XR150L.

Pat

Old 10-01-2022, 10:48 AM   #4

PowerSportsmax took the Templar X off their website yesterday. Xpro has it as unavailable now also. They must have sold all they had. Hopefully they will get some more soon. Amazon still has them as being available. But I thought they were a seller for the above businesses. Not sure what’s up there.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:40 PM   #5

Templar X versus vintage dirt bikes

PSM has been good. The credit card thing also affected me, even after buying two Templar X (1 5speed, 1 6speed). I bought a wiring harness, and the snag was either Ter versus Terrace, or my middle initial on the card. But I had to email to fix it. That fixed the order.

I took out the 5speed tonight, and had some fun on a couple of highway exit/entrance ramp areas. These were mowed last month, but there are ruts and rain runoff trenches grown back. The Templar eats these up with confidence inspiring ease. It's fun to treat passing motorists on the highway with wheelies and jumps. Got some honks.

The days of getting one of these Templars for $1800 are probably over. Non-sale price is creeping towards $2000 before shipping. But I was looking at old 2 stroke (and 4 stroke) Yamahas, Kawasakis, Suzukis going for $4000 and more on ebay. I owned a couple of them back in the day, rode many more them, and none of them are as easy to ride and confidence inspiring as the Templar X is today.

More power on the 70s 2 strokes, but the old suspension wasn't up to handling it anyway. Some got close, but the technology wasn't quite there. Monoshocks helped moving into the 80s, but the frames were still heavy and front suspension still needed more development.

The Temp X is still worth every penny at $1900 plus shipping, or more. This is one seriously kick-assed enduro. All I did was rejet the thing and it seems to make over 20hp. The torque comes in early, and the engine (ZS172-FMM) is awesome. The frame and suspension are excellent and 268lbs is not heavy! Short-shifter, roller throttle, adjustable levers, and fully adjustable suspension is just amazing. I hope they get more in stock for you. Jump on it if you can.

Last edited by Thumper; 10-03-2022 at 08:54 AM.

Old 10-03-2022, 08:06 AM   #6

I asked by email when they would get more on Powersportsmax. They responded this morning that they would in an about month.

Old 10-07-2022, 09:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hap View Post
I asked by email when they would get more on Powersportsmax. They responded this morning that they would in an about month.
They're up on the site now.