Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2022, 04:52 AM   #1

Anyone have any experience with MegaMotorMadness?

New user and rider here. Been using those 2stroke and 4stroke bicycle motors as my daily driver for a couple of years now, but seeing the Hawk on various YouTube videos piqued my interest so decided it's time for an upgrade. Did some looking around and ultimately ended up on Megamotromadness website where i ended up buying a Tbr7.

So here's my questions really, paid it off on the 30th of September, and it sat on order paid and nothing further, until last week when it changed to "ready to ship" and got an email saying the order was being sent to the warehouse for processing. So being that I've never ordered anything big like this before, is it normal for it to take so long? Anyone have any experience with that site/business that can let me know? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-19-2022, 10:49 PM   #2

So update here, the website still lists it as "ready to ship", no tracking number or shipping confirmation at all. Yet, got a call this morning from an RL Carrier driver, and sure enough its here. And even though the MMM website lists it as the TBR7, the one I got was the TBR7D. The packing crate was kinda smashed on one corner that left some gnarly gashes in the paint and plastics in the back but otherwise in perfect shape.

Now it's just the wait for the paperwork. All in all, a mixed bag so far, as I got what I paid for but it took quite awhile " paid off on 9/30 just got it today 10/19" and never got any kind of notification or tracking or nothing, just boom here it is already. So IDK how good they are overall but so far they are legit. Let's just hope they keep it up in regards to the paperwork, and hope it doesn't take another 20~ days.

Old 10-19-2022, 11:33 PM   #3

Never dealt with them. But -- 20 days, arrived damaged -- now I never will. Thanks.

Old 10-20-2022, 08:17 AM   #4

Doesn't sound like anyone I would want to deal with. Let us know how they handle the damage claim.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-24-2022, 02:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixX2 View Post
So update here, the website still lists it as "ready to ship", no tracking number or shipping confirmation at all. Yet, got a call this morning from an RL Carrier driver, and sure enough its here. And even though the MMM website lists it as the TBR7, the one I got was the TBR7D. The packing crate was kinda smashed on one corner that left some gnarly gashes in the paint and plastics in the back but otherwise in perfect shape.

Now it's just the wait for the paperwork. All in all, a mixed bag so far, as I got what I paid for but it took quite awhile " paid off on 9/30 just got it today 10/19" and never got any kind of notification or tracking or nothing, just boom here it is already. So IDK how good they are overall but so far they are legit. Let's just hope they keep it up in regards to the paperwork, and hope it doesn't take another 20~ days.
The shipping company is generally responsible for shipping damages, but contact them. Since the dealer is a California company, it couldn't hurt to insinuate (and use if you have to) that you will contact the BBB. It is actually a fairly big deal to get strikes against you from the BBB in California.

I do recall calling Icebear regarding one of their scooters a few years back. The person who answered was quite rude as she thought I was asking to buy a bike directly from them, which I was not, but rather I was asking where I COULD order the bike. She cahnged her tune a bit and suggested Megamotomadness. They are about as legit as any of the other usual suspects as far as larger mail-order companies go (powersportsmax, superiorpowersports, etc) but probably a bit higher in legitimacy than any of the 'Manny-owned' companies from Texas.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard