Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2023, 03:02 AM   #1

Head Scratching Making kpm200 into an enduro type bike?

I'm looking to get a bike again, I used to ride mopeds and I've ridden a bunch of other bikes and it's time for me to get my own, I'm in love with the kpm200 from lifan . Wanted to ask what does anyone thing about making it into enduro style bike? I live in area with a lot of trails and I want both lifan xpect or kpx250, and the kpm200, can't get both at the time so I'm thinking about maybe changing exhaust to something that doesn't run under the frame, maybe adding a skid plate and changing shocks and tires. What other advice does anyone have on this subject/project? And any parts or just suggestions are welcome. And of course If this is a horrible idea tell me hahaH.

Been looking up the scrambler type conversions,
Looking like:
Tires
Brush guard or skid plate
Adjustable rear shocks
Maybe fork adjustments or upgrades
Sprockets for little lower gearing maybe
Rear rack?
Anything I'm forgetting?

-thevines2

Last edited by Thevines2; 03-07-2023 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Added more

Old 03-07-2023, 07:00 AM   #2

Sound like the right thing to do to me. Good Luck

Old 03-07-2023, 10:12 AM   #3

Ty ty looking like brush guard will be about 240$ on ebay, found some shocks on amazon for about 75 and some enduro tires for about 110$ for the pair, so like 425$ to get a base down for what I want to do to it and ride road and trails

Old 03-07-2023, 12:13 PM   #4

The exhaust could be simple other than figuring out the mid pipe routing and mounting. I am quite literally in the process of mounting an aftermarket kpm200 exhaust to my Hawk 250. Ironically doing the exact opposite of what you are doing. Any CRF230 style exhaust should bolt to the head, with the same flange modification needed most likely. That would give you the ground clearance.

You may want to look into a high mount front fender like a dirt bike as well. Low fenders can clog and even jam up with mud easily.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-27-2023, 03:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
The exhaust could be simple other than figuring out the mid pipe routing and mounting. I am quite literally in the process of mounting an aftermarket kpm200 exhaust to my Hawk 250. Ironically doing the exact opposite of what you are doing. Any CRF230 style exhaust should bolt to the head, with the same flange modification needed most likely. That would give you the ground clearance.

You may want to look into a high mount front fender like a dirt bike as well. Low fenders can clog and even jam up with mud easily.
Yeah I was thinking fender delete. But yeah the pipe seems to be the biggest issue. I'm thinking I just need some side work and buy two bikes. I been looking at the CSC sg250, kpm200, vitacci gto "250"(330 cc liquid cooled twin sold as a 250 rofl) then between a lifan xpect and kpx250.

Guess depends on what is on sale or catches my eye more when the time comes, I do really wanna build a Cafe scrambler tho lol eh maybe I'll find a used kpm200 on marketplace and get a friend to do custom exhaust pipe. I've seen a few listed with like 1200 miles for 2k

Old 04-27-2023, 11:18 AM   #6

Try searching YouTube. I remember watching a video of a guy doing what you are talking about. He did a fantastic job.

Tags
caferacer, enduro, kpm200, offroad conversion