Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #1

Gio 110cc Mini Hummer - Battery LAUNCH

Hi Guys,

My wife has our kids and her nephews up at the mountain property this week doing some relaxing and quad riding.

My nephew, who is 5, has a Gio 110cc Mini Hummer style QUAD. The batterys in these are placed at the back of the unit, tucked inside, I guess a little over and in above the rear wheel. (Different from the mini beast and 50cc I have which has the battery under the seat)

Apparently, as he was riding with some speed over some bumps, the battery bounced out of it's hole and launched off the unit, taking the connectors and hardware with it. Little guy didn't even notice and the thing kept running until he shut it off some 10 minutes later. Wouldn't re-start of course so the battery hunt was on. Found it in the weeds.

The original battery was junk so they had replaced it with another, so not sure if it was a perfect size for the spot. (Not my unit so I haven't really inspected it much) Kind of an odd story!

I thought I'd share for those who have a Mini Hummer they may want to look at a contraption to hold the battery down to avoid this happening to them. I laughed a little but it's not lost on me that this could be a wee dangerous. When I arrive up there in a couple days I'm sure I will be tasked with fixing this problem so it doesn't happen again. Bungie cords here I come.