Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
What a great thread! The engine looks very clean. Was the oil screen that clean also, or did you clean it up a bit before you took the photograph?

Spud
Thanks Spud.

That's exactly how the screen came out. I wiped it off after and blew it out with the compressor, but it wasn't at all dirty.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-07-2011, 02:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Great project Definitely cleaner inside then my Honda
I'm shocked at how clean it is. Look at the pics from when I brought it home, and you can guess what I thought the filter would look like.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-08-2011, 01:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
What a great thread! The engine looks very clean. Was the oil screen that clean also, or did you clean it up a bit before you took the photograph?

Spud
Thanks Spud.

That's exactly how the screen came out. I wiped it off after and blew it out with the compressor, but it wasn't at all dirty.
My goodness! The engine appears to be in wonderful condition!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #19

A little more progress. Got the header and heat shields installed, along with the right footpeg and brake pedal. It's slowly coming together.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #20

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...S/DSC06043.jpg

Is that a decompression device at the top of the cylinder head? I see the cable running down from it. If it is, is it actuated by the kickstarter? I just can't see where it connects on the bottom?

Old 10-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #21

Yep, automatic decompressor, and it's a work of art. You don't even have to stand up to kick it over, and it usually starts first kick. Gotta love old Hondas.

Look at the second pic above, and you'll see the end of the cable just above the kicker pivot. Need a more close-up pic?

Old 10-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Yep, automatic decompressor, and it's a work of art. You don't even have to stand up to kick it over, and it usually starts first kick. Gotta love old Hondas.

Look at the second pic above, and you'll see the end of the cable just above the kicker pivot. Need a more close-up pic?
Ahh! I see where it hooks now, cool system! Have you ran it with the new muffler yet? I bet it sounds good! Speaking of the muffler, I know you mentioned it before but I cant remember, do you use flux core or gas?

Old 10-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #23

Haven't tried it yet; hopefully soon.

I use a MIG with 75/25 usually, but right now I'm using tri-mix. The trix-mix is connected because I welded some stainless the other day, and because I'm out of 75/25. It usually goes on sale at KMS in November, so I can wait.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #24

Got some more time on it after Church. I realized that I forgot to install the return spring for the brake pedal, so I did that first. Duh. I swapped on another fork leg that was in better shape, installed the front fender, seat, tank, bars, throttle, levers, kill switch and side panels. I've yet to put the pegs and fuel line on, but that won't take long. Here's what it's shaping up to be:

Old 10-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #25

Wow, that's looking very good

Old 10-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #26

Thanks. To me, it's better than this:

Old 10-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #27

AMAZING RESULT! :P

Old 10-10-2011, 12:49 AM   #28

Looks great! Huge (as in REALLY) huge improvement! You said your building this one to sell?

Old 10-10-2011, 01:33 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Looks great! Huge (as in REALLY) huge improvement! You said your building this one to sell?
Yeah, I just delighted in this project. I'd be happy to sell it for much less to a China Rider brother than a CL buyer.

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 AM   #30

That's an amazing transformation. You do beautiful work. Did you get new plastic, new fenders, and a new fuel tank, or did you paint the old ones? Did you buy the decals from eBay?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894