Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2017, 12:00 PM   #1

Hawk 250 in Nevada or Arizona

I am new at this and I live in Nevada but on the border between Nevada and Arizona. What is the chance I could get a hawk 250 registered without too many complications?

Old 05-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #2

I do not believe you'll have an issue here in Nevada. At least that is what I am hoping for. I am in the same boat you are in so we will have to wait and see.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #3

I think both of you are fine. The link I found from your DMV (posted on Irishjew's 'hello' post) allows total off-road bikes to be registered provided they have a minimum of equipment and gets checked off by a dealer. That would be worse case scenario. I think the MCO for these bikes states 'Motorcycle' nowadays (even though legally via its EPA certification it is an 'off-road motorcycle'), so try your DMV first. If they don't allow it there and then, you will have to go the 'off-road converted to on-road' route, and since you will have all your street equipment, it will pass!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-04-2017, 01:29 AM   #4

I will be bringing all my bikes out to Arizona (Casa Grande Area) at the end of the year. They're already titled and plated here in Georgia, so it shouldn't be a problem to get new plates in AZ. The thing I'm most worried about with the Hawk is that some busy-body paper pusher in the DMV office will flag the Hawk with it's GA title and give me a hard time. I'll keep the forum posted once Nugget is born and we make the move out there. I've been reading up and I don't think I'll have too many issues. Time will tell.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 05-04-2017, 07:31 AM   #5

I am quite sure no one will say or do anything out of the ordinary here in AZ. We are one of the states that if you wanted to title and plate a motorized barstool, if you have a minimum of street equipment, it can be done! A Hawk from out of state will be no problem. The only thing is that you might have to have them inspected. Might, and come to think of it, that was for my last TMEC. My 2009 TMEC which I bought in 2012 from a guy in California did not need an inspection. Since the guy couldn't register it in California, I took the MCO, and without a bill of sale, it was still as if it was bought from a dealer like it was 'new, old stock' with a lost bill of sale. I had to come up with a price, and they wouldn't take $800 that I actually paid for it as a real sales price, LOL; we 'agreed' on $1400--they titled and registered it from the paperwork, no inspection. For my 2013 TMEC which I bought new in a box from Excalibur, the process for bikes-in-a-box had changed, and they required a visual inspection; not for DOT compliance, but I think to make sure all the numbers matched the paperwork.

When I last dug up the AZ MVD site, for your sake in fact, I think since your Hawk is already titled and registered and you don't even need an inspection. I would take all your vehicles, just in case, but either way, I am quite sure your Hawk won't raise a red flag of any kind here, like it did in Georgia with a few members (obviously not you).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-04-2017, 06:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I am quite sure no one will say or do anything out of the ordinary here in AZ. We are one of the states that if you wanted to title and plate a motorized barstool, if you have a minimum of street equipment, it can be done! A Hawk from out of state will be no problem. The only thing is that you might have to have them inspected. Might, and come to think of it, that was for my last TMEC. My 2009 TMEC which I bought in 2012 from a guy in California did not need an inspection. Since the guy couldn't register it in California, I took the MCO, and without a bill of sale, it was still as if it was bought from a dealer like it was 'new, old stock' with a lost bill of sale. I had to come up with a price, and they wouldn't take $800 that I actually paid for it as a real sales price, LOL; we 'agreed' on $1400--they titled and registered it from the paperwork, no inspection. For my 2013 TMEC which I bought new in a box from Excalibur, the process for bikes-in-a-box had changed, and they required a visual inspection; not for DOT compliance, but I think to make sure all the numbers matched the paperwork.

When I last dug up the AZ MVD site, for your sake in fact, I think since your Hawk is already titled and registered and you don't even need an inspection. I would take all your vehicles, just in case, but either way, I am quite sure your Hawk won't raise a red flag of any kind here, like it did in Georgia with a few members (obviously not you).
Thanks, Culcune. I'm not particularly worried, and I did have quite the ordeal getting the tag for the Hawk out here in GA. Lied through my teeth would accurately describe what I had to do... In any event, I'm really looking forward to the move. We've decided on an area called Casa Grande, and we're talking with a really great real estate agent and some lenders. Looks like we may buy the house over the phone, and rent it for 6 months until we get out there. I'll keep everyone posted as this develops.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 05-04-2017, 07:15 PM   #7

You would be 'right down Interstate 8' from me, Believe it or not, my kids' karate instructor drives the 3 and a half hours EACH way every Friday from Casa Grande to Yuma and back! When I interviewed for the Dept of Corrections for the Florence complex, I had it in my mind to live in Casa Grande at the suggestion of my kids' karate instructor (about 35 minute commute to the prison from Florence). 'Fortunately' I did not get the job as I got the prison job in Yuma, saving me a massive move! It might make for some adventure riding a Chinabike to and from Casa Grande from Yuma or vice versa. But only about 5 or 6 months out of the year; the rest of the year it is suicide

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-04-2017, 08:30 PM   #8

Get used to this, Emerikol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18199467_10155442020494015_6433595607419992714_n.jpg (85.3 KB, 360 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150