Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2007, 03:34 PM   #1

I'm planning a ride in Ontario

I got an offer I couldn't refuse. I live in Toronto, and my brother lives in Sarnia. Not knowing what china bikes are like he said I should ride out and see him. 250km, or about, by main highway, longer by the secondary routes going through several cities. I've been painting neighbors' houses and selling my soapstone statues to get parts, tires, regulator, chain ect. and getting my bike ready to do a 1 day out, next day back trip. I told him that there is a good chance that my bike won't make it. He said he'd come and get me. "We can toss the bike in the trunk and tie it in", it's just a car but it's got a good size trunk.

I'm planning on highway 7 pretty much all the way. 80-90 kph, except for all the small towns and 3 large cities I'd pass through, lotsa gas stations. If 3 weeks from now my bike is running like it was this morning, I should be set to roll. There and back is about 600km. on the secondaries, and adding 100 km riding around Sarnia, well I'd have something to talk about all winter.