Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2018, 09:03 PM   #1

Tractor Mania!

Figured i might as well lump the tractors into their own thread for now as it will be easy enough to keep it organized for them.

First one is a 1992 John Deere SX95 RER (Rear Engine Rider). It has a 12.5 Hp Kawasaki engine with electric start and a 38" twin blade deck. What it needs mostly is a carb clean and the belts reinstalled for the deck. Other then that a battery and a few odds and ends like a new ignition switch to be properly functional.

This pic is from last fall just after i got it. It was snowing the day it was delivered.

Here it is with today's purchase..

Which brings us to this rig. An older Allis Chalmers 405 RER. This one has a 5 Hp Briggs and Stratton on it. All the wiring has been disconnected so it is pretty much as simple as a push lawn mower. It mostly needs a proper kill switch, new belts off of the engine for the deck and drivetrain and some sort of steering wheel. Will more then likely will order a steering wheel off of wish or something and make my own adapter to mount it. This will allow me to mount it a bit higher to clear my knees.

Like i mentioned in the what did you buy thread i may end up with a few more JD projects in the near future.

I am seriously considering the idea of building a small snow blade for the Allis for winter use. Kinda have it figured out in my head to mount it off of the front pivot for the deck and have a support arm go back to the chassis to stop it from pole vaulting the machine while in use. Figure it could be a fun way to clear snow during winter. However this idea may not happen if i get one of the bigger JDs i can put a proper blade or blower on.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)