Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2019, 06:59 PM   #61

I finally got the chance to ride the beast. Went to a local mx park

all in all I had a blast - I dropped the bike once going up a slight hill with major ruts - I had the common sense to bail - no scratches. Hey I broke my cherry!

Bike handled great. Only had 2 slight issues, a plastic panel popped off - the one that covers the air intake filter. A fellow rider followed me and delivered it back. He asked me if this was a KTM and looking closer asked what this was. I gave him the story and he pretty impressed for the price. 2nd issue the housing that holds the ignition key or the ignition key assembly is loose. The Allen ranch I have won't fit so I have to get creative. All in all I had a blast and look forward for more punishment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4577.jpg (101.0 KB, 2404 views)

Old 09-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #62

Glad you had fun....we could call you poppa cherry.....!!! The ramp is on my wish list.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-09-2019, 11:12 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post
Glad you had fun....we could call you poppa cherry.....!!! The ramp is on my wish list.
lol funny! the ramp is pretty awesome - 300 with tax and delivery is still a little pricey than others but it's a piece of cake walking the bike up.

Old 09-30-2019, 03:47 PM   #64

Licence plates

Did you get plates yet and any problems.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:51 PM   #65

What is the difference between the Orion RXB-250L and the Apollo DB-36 deluxe? It looks to be the same bike but one has bigger wheels. These bikes do use the CB engines correct?
Also, has anyone found a larger gas tank for these? The 1.6 gallons seems a bit small.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:43 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDStroup View Post
What is the difference between the Orion RXB-250L and the Apollo DB-36 deluxe? It looks to be the same bike but one has bigger wheels. These bikes do use the CB engines correct?
Also, has anyone found a larger gas tank for these? The 1.6 gallons seems a bit small.
Totally different bikes. OHC engines about the only interchangeable parts that I can see. I can ride my apollo 250 almost all day trail riding on one tank of gas.

Old 10-07-2019, 10:58 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_not_a_honda View Post
Totally different bikes. OHC engines about the only interchangeable parts that I can see. I can ride my apollo 250 almost all day trail riding on one tank of gas.
I didn't know. I was really looking hard at the Apollo, then I found out the Orion today. I am on my phone so it is hard to see the differences from pictures.

How do you like your Apollo? Have you done anything to it? Any problems or things you would change about it?

Old 10-08-2019, 01:32 AM   #68

Well this is surprising. In doing some research it seems as if the Orion engine isn't an exact Honda clone but based on a Yamaha Brazilian engine.

It also seems that the Orion RXB-259l is just a de-trimmed GPX FSE 250e. So maybe for an easy increase in fuel capasity would to get a gas tank for the FSE and put it on as the FSE's tank is supposedly 2.6 gallons

Old 10-08-2019, 05:05 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDStroup View Post
I didn't know. I was really looking hard at the Apollo, then I found out the Orion today. I am on my phone so it is hard to see the differences from pictures.

How do you like your Apollo? Have you done anything to it? Any problems or things you would change about it?
Sorry! There are more parts similar than I thought. I was looking at the wrong bike.
Frame is different. Looks like the Orion has a plastic tank vs steel on the apollo. I changed mine to a plastic one.

I changed the carb to a pumper. Changed the rear shock (too many mods to go thru on that one), plastic tank, skid plate (Honda), Stunt clutch lever (just because it is a 2 finger), worked with fork oil level and viscosity, and dropped a tooth on the front sprocket.

If I had to do it again, I would leave the rear shock stock length. Just way too much stuff involved. Just made the back-end great and the front-end terrible. Lots of geometry changed. I really ride it beyond what it is made for. I break spokes, bend rims, and smash things all the time. I should have bought a WR250F for what I do. Then used the apollo for the tame stuff.

The frame and engine are fantastic on the apollo. That engine has never let me down. Got me up, thru, and over whatever I aim it at. The suspension just can't keep up with it. The frame is an anvil.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:50 PM   #70

Congratulations on your new bike. However, I'm interested in an update. Have you had a chance to put many miles on it?
You stated that the bike was low, how low? I could have sworn the website state 36.65". In my book, that isn't low.
Also, you should go over the bike with a fine toothed comb and tighten (loctite) every bolt/nut.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:02 PM   #71

This bike appears to be a rebranded Kayo T4. I'd like to hear more about it. Has anybody else bought one yet?

Matt,
Have you gotten it registered yet? Curious about how it is on the road.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:27 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
This bike appears to be a rebranded Kayo T4. I'd like to hear more about it. Has anybody else bought one yet?

Matt,
Have you gotten it registered yet? Curious about how it is on the road.

Turns out I was wrong. It's made by Xmotos.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:29 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-NC View Post
lol funny! the ramp is pretty awesome - 300 with tax and delivery is still a little pricey than others but it's a piece of cake walking the bike up.

Easier to ride it up than push it... just saying.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:34 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by everready View Post
Congratulations on your new bike. However, I'm interested in an update. Have you had a chance to put many miles on it?
You stated that the bike was low, how low? I could have sworn the website state 36.65". In my book, that isn't low.
Also, you should go over the bike with a fine toothed comb and tighten (loctite) every bolt/nut.

Yeah, I'd like to know the answer as well.. It isn't low in my book either. Nice looking bike though..

Old 02-12-2020, 10:20 PM   #75

Here's an 83 page thread on Thumper Talk. They seem to love their Orions.

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic...orion-rxb-250/