Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #16

so, anyone here ordered one?

Old 10-13-2019, 03:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post

There are several guys in the FB groups I'm on that have ordered these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
so, anyone here ordered one?
I wonder if his fellow FB group members have reported on these yet? I do recall the site stating they were out of stock but supposed to be back in stock and shipped by October 8th. For all its worth, check YouTube for any videos.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-13-2019, 03:23 PM   #18

Think I would go for the 250 version. It appears to be the push rod 167fmm engine.
https://www.orionpowersports.com/ori...embled-tested/

Old 10-13-2019, 04:29 PM   #19

Orion is not EPA certified. The bike comes with a sticker that says not for highway use. I imagine due to the low speed.

Dude in the clone groups got one and the speedometer sensor is placed in a position where it will not work.

Check it out

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9546...4714506680194/

Old 10-13-2019, 05:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot newb View Post
Orion is not EPA certified. The bike comes with a sticker that says not for highway use. I imagine due to the low speed.

Dude in the clone groups got one and the speedometer sensor is placed in a position where it will not work.
Thank you for the link! I did not go through the entire FB group thread, but did find this video of the bike idling which is better than no video.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #21

i like the simplicity of this. should be easy to tag in tennessee as motorcycle.
kickstart only is nice since carb options dont have a starter in the way if the starter would be on top.
exhaust, carb, fuel lines. ready to go. wonder if there is a bolt on option out there for exhaust

Old 10-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
I think the "performance headwork" is just installing the carb, nothing else. I'm sure it makes a huge difference, but installing a carb is pretty simple.
That would blow if that is all it is. I didn't even notice it said performance head "WORK", i thought it said performance head. Like maybe a 4 valve or something. Between this bike and the RXB-250L i am excited to pick one up. Leaning towards the 250, but the 125 seems to be the perfect candidate for a ZS190 swap.

Speaking about the ZS190, wasn't there supposed to be a factory bike like this coming with that motor from them, or did that get scrapped?

Old 10-14-2019, 09:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDStroup View Post
Speaking about the ZS190, wasn't there supposed to be a factory bike like this coming with that motor from them, or did that get scrapped?
Was that Orion? If it was the Pitster GLV, Pitster just wrote back and said the ADV 190 is supposed to be available for sale in 2 months.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-15-2019, 12:31 AM   #24

That adv 190 looks like too much fun! 18hp out of that little bike? Very tempting and it looks great

Old 10-15-2019, 01:18 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianaman View Post
That adv 190 looks like too much fun! 18hp out of that little bike? Very tempting and it looks great
I watched a video put out by Motor Trend. It was one of their newer shows of two guys who are lifelong friends who test out motorcycles. They rode the new Honda Monkey 125 from Ensenada to La Paz in Baja California, Mexico, loosely following the route of the Baja 1000. The Monkey is not a full on dual sport, but they held their own. The ADV 190 is a lot like the Monkey, but on steroids. I am basing the 'steroids' on what people have reported on swapping the 190cc engine into other bikes, such as the Vader. I am guessing the fit and finish will be better than most since it is Pitster Pro. Heck, I am considering one of them for commuting and to tackle bits of the Arizona Peace Trail that are near me in Yuma.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Was that Orion? If it was the Pitster GLV, Pitster just wrote back and said the ADV 190 is supposed to be available for sale in 2 months.
Then i am probably wrong. All i know is i am looking forward to that bike as it is a possibility.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:58 PM   #27

Quote:
Wait, it is getting 18 HP stock? That is very impressive! Especially since that is stock and there are big bore kits, 4 valve heads, Cams, etc you can throw at it.

Now i am even more excited for that bike.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #28

That thing will rip considering the cg 250cc engines only make like 16hp (correct me if I'm wrong) and the adv 190 only weighs 221lbs, which is 50ish less pounds than the 250's.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:51 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDStroup View Post
Wait, it is getting 18 HP stock? That is very impressive! Especially since that is stock and there are big bore kits, 4 valve heads, Cams, etc you can throw at it.

Now i am even more excited for that bike.

The pitster pro with the 190 gets 18HP stock. It is like a grom clone with a ZS 190.

The orion bike is 8 or something.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:52 PM   #30

Quote:
That thing will rip considering the cg 250cc engines only make like 16hp (correct me if I'm wrong) and the adv 190 only weighs 221lbs, which is 50ish less pounds than the 250's.
So many high quality options coming out! I m kinda glad that i didn't jump at the Hawk when it first came out. While the price was amazing and have been kinda kicking myself ever since for not getting one in the beginning. I think these newer model are worth the price increase. Especially the RXB-250L. That is my current favorite, but the adv 190 is a very close second.