Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2017, 06:33 AM   #1

Thinking of Getting a China Bike?

I was poking around online yesterday morning (what else should you be doing when you're on baby-watch and Nugget refuses to come out?) and found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Roketa-Dirt-B...mg_top?ie=UTF8

I read the description, and this is listed as a 49-state legal dual sport motorcycle. A few things stand out to me right off the bat. First, Roketa is a pretty well recognized name in the China Bike world. Second, the purchase and delivery of this bike is backed up by Amazon. That's pretty tough to beat. Third, I find it really strange that someone left a 4 star review, but without a comment. Lastly, and this may be the most important point yet, the price is almost exactly in line with what a decent CB should cost. When you combine that with the second point, why have they not sold zillions of these things? When you look at the biggest complaints about distributors, they seem to revolve around the delivery and paperwork side of the bikes, and very seldom any kind of deficiency of the bike itself. So this concludes my musings for the morning.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 08-24-2017, 07:14 AM   #2

I do not trust this for a few reasons.

The price is higher than I would pay with 400 in shipping charges

The images are showing a Bashan Storm in some of the images.

The Storm has factory hand guards but in one or two of the images they are not on the bike.

I have seen these images elsewhere.

So all in all I would not buy from this seller I would not know what I was getting.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:21 AM   #3

I don't know being on Amazon protects you somewhat.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:25 AM   #4

I agree with Cyclelove. Amazon would not allow their reputation to be tarnished by a seller delivering a product that was not as advertised. Amazon would refund your money, and make all the arrangements to return the bike. I think that when you combine the fact that you can get 6 months same as cash on the amazon store card makes this an even more attractive purchase.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 08-24-2017, 07:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
I agree with Cyclelove. Amazon would not allow their reputation to be tarnished by a seller delivering a product that was not as advertised. Amazon would refund your money, and make all the arrangements to return the bike. I think that when you combine the fact that you can get 6 months same as cash on the amazon store card makes this an even more attractive purchase.
Regardless of that the images shown do not match up with the Description I am telling you that something is not right with these images and the model number of the Bike.

Go ahead and buy it and see what ya get I sure would not drop 2K this way

Old 08-24-2017, 07:39 AM   #6

BTW

here is there shipping returns policy I hope you can afford to pay the shipping back

SMART DEALS NOW Shipping Rates

Shipping rates depend on the selected shipping speed and weight/size of the items.

To determine the applicable shipping rate for items in your Cart:

Select Proceed to Checkout
Select or add your shipping address
Select a shipping speed and select Continue
Select a payment method and select Continue
The total shipping & handling cost will be listed under Order Summary

Shipping Policies

As soon as your order is cleared by Amazon, your order is processed and shipped out within 2-3 business days.
We ship from Monday to Friday.

* Valid Phone number required for shipping.

If you would like to return a product purchased, simply ship the product back to us and we will issue a full refund.
The Buyer is responsible for return shipping. If there is shipping damage please refuse the shipping.
For more info call us at 469-209-8740

Old 08-24-2017, 07:49 AM   #7

APSCUSA has that same bike for $1699 with free shipping. http://www.apscusa.com/New-2017-Stal...ine_p_627.html Note that is 3 week back ordered so may take longer.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 08-24-2017, 09:31 AM   #8

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
APSCUSA has that same bike for $1699 with free shipping. http://www.apscusa.com/New-2017-Stal...ine_p_627.html Note that is 3 week back ordered so may take longer.
I've seen those "three week back ordered" bikes not show up for 3 years so buyer beware.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:58 AM   #9

Goat- That's if you wanted to return the product to the seller, just a return for the sake of returning. If there's a problem with the sale, i.e., the item is not as advertised, that's when Amazon would step in. I have my Hawk as a thought experiment to begin with, so it's not likely I'll be picking up another bike, but seeing this move into the mainstream on Amazon means that it's entirely possible that the tides will shift and we'll see a lot more of this. On the other hand, Jerry and Merlin may have the right of it, and we'll not see any of these bikes for the next couple of weeks or months. Collectively, I get the feeling that most of the people on here have purchased these bikes for both street and off-road use, but the sales figures for people who have purchased them for exclusive street use may be significantly higher, and those purchasers wouldn't have made any noises at all on a site like this. I would say there's a pretty good chance that all the stock has been bought up regardless, and that the manufacturers are already re-tooled for a different bike. If you do a search, even the Hawk is getting hard to find anymore. Just some more meanderings on this topic...

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 08-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I've seen those "three week back ordered" bikes not show up for 3 years so buyer beware.
And they all shipped out of the same warehouse so no matter who you buy from expect delays. I noticed that most of the Bashan brands have been taking a long time to get delivered but noticed that the Hawk were being delivered in decent time lately.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 08-25-2017, 03:34 AM   #11

You can get it cheaper from the seller's website (Note the matching phone numbers): http://www.dallaspowersport.com/APOL...Dirt-Bike.html

Old 08-25-2017, 07:23 AM   #12

That's not the same bike

Old 08-25-2017, 07:57 AM   #13

The one he was originally looking at in the OP was a Bashan Storm.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:01 AM   #14

I find it very telling that the Web site does not have the bike listed but it is on Amazon another Red Flag.

This bike is listed Wholesale only at http://www.roketa.com/product/produc...=0&proID=59663

This is the Storm. The Bashan model number is BS250GY-18

Same bike is available at Superior Powersports with free shipping

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/2...rk250db-08.htm