Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #1

rear brake caliper mount bolt size

any one off hand happen to know the measurments on the rear caliper mounting bolts ? i seem to have lost mine during my rebuild..

Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #2

They all seem to be different. I've got four quads here...two are 10X20mm 1.25 pitch, one is 10X25mm 1.50 pitch, and one is 12X20mm 1.25 pitch.

If your caliper is threaded, then take the caliper to Lowes or Home Depot and get a matching bolt. If not, you might just have to get one of everything and take back what doesn't fit.

If you post the make/model, though, someone might have a specific answer for you.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #3

Thanks man, I was trying to avoid removing the brake system or undoing the brake lines since I've bled them about 4 times to make sure there is no air. I was ableb to find the bolts I needed, they rolled off the work table and I didn't notice it.

Btw good luck finding any useful information on my quad I've done spent hours researching. Its a kayak kn200st, best I've come up with is that it is in almost every single way, shape and form a gio beast.