Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #1

Weldangrind's New Lifan GY5

I couldn't resist.

I bought Camwow's Lifan on Saturday, and it was a good decision. I was building the Roketa for Son of Weldangrind, but this Lifan has only 664km on it! It's very clean and straight, even though most of the plastic needs to be replaced. I've purchased most of the parts I need already, because they were intended for the Roketa. It should be on the road soon, and then I can focus on my TW. The Roketa might become a cafe...

I've already removed the tank shrouds and the front fender. One side cover has had some Frankenstein repair, and I'm going to try my hand at plastic-welding on it.

Here's what it looked like, shortly after I got it home.

There seems to be an alarm under the seat, and I want it gone. Am I ok to simply unplug it, or is there more to be done? Here's what it looks like.

Also, the CDI under the seat is the same unit that the Roketa uses, but there is another device to the left of the seat that I don't recognize. What is this?

It has the weird anti-lock device on the front caliper. Can I just delete it and move the banjo bolt to the caliper?

This made my day.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Last edited by Weldangrind; 06-11-2013 at 11:46 PM.