Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews

Old 06-11-2016, 03:48 PM   #1

BT Helmet comms

I bought this set back in late April 2016. I can now officially stamp them with the JUNK stamp. Don't waste your money on them - pony up more and get the Sena or something else.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-pcs...2-c93bc5b6da6d
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bt.jpg (36.1 KB, 365 views)

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-11-2016, 03:55 PM   #2

Remember when you posted, too bad.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #3

Yeah, sorry to hear about them being junk. I was just starting to look at comms gear. I (and I'm sure many others) appreciate you taking the bullet and letting us know. Thanks.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:07 PM   #4

Why are these junk? It seems they have under went some changes since your original posting.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:56 PM   #5

I can confirm, having tried similar ones before. They cannot seem to handle wind noise very well and anything above 40 mph is hard to make out. The bluetooth and intercom pairing was spotty at best.

This is where you really should go with good quality equipment. Sena makes a hell of a good product. My GF and I (riding separate bikes) use Sena SMH10s and they work SO MUCH BETTER. The only time I really have trouble hearing her is when she has her mic down a bit in her helmet or gets a nasty cross wind, otherwise the pairing works great. Lots of great, simple features about their units. Highly recommend getting them.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:36 AM   #6

Mrs. Emerikol and I use SMH-5's, also by Sena. My other riding buddy also has one. The only complaint that I have with the 5 series is that you can only talk to one member of the group at a time. You have to physically reach up and tap the 'jog' button to switch between riders. I may look into upgrading to a different model this year, but I will definitely stay with the Sena brand. If and when I do upgrade, I'll let everyone know what I go with and do a report on it, and possibly post the old SMH-5 units for sale. They work really well, and the bluetooth pairing is great for music and phone calls on the road. Hope everyone is warm and dry with this weather. Happy riding, everyone!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 01-09-2017, 09:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
The only complaint that I have with the 5 series is that you can only talk to one member of the group at a time. You have to physically reach up and tap the 'jog' button to switch between riders.
You can talk with up to 4 on the SMH10s with some weird daisy chaining, but directly you can talk 3 way. Which is actually great for playing "Eye Spy" on long boring stretches

I will say that I won't ever do road trips with friends without comms. They make the ride so much safer. With a tail rider that can clear the line in traffic for the pack or quickly report trouble it just is worlds better. Probably one of my favorite pieces of bike gear.