Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2015, 06:12 PM   #61

Fish thats really weird??? Maybe sheared some bolts and its slipping out of place? There is no logical reason why a center stand wouldn't work.

/

Old 08-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #62

centerstand woes

look ,,all i can say is its on there ,still has the large pin with a c'clip on each end ,holding it on as normal,,,,, ,,but now it doesnt lift either end ,, im pretty sure hopping up on a curb an it striking it must have bent it upwards enough to cause this,, Oh an btw it stalled today ,on take off,, from a stop as i tried to give it gas , before even letting clutch out ,,so troubles continue...............

Old 08-04-2015, 01:24 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
now for some reason my csc centerstand doesnt lift either end off the ground so its worthless..Banged it off a curb one time ,,maybe that has something to do with it ,,but it looks the same.
I noticed the same thing with mine and I haven't hit a curb. Maybe slight "droop" in suspension? I only have about 350 miles on it so far, so it has been sitting on the stand quite a bit One reason I got it was so I can have a few more inches of room in garage by having the bike vertical, but for lubing the chain I have to wedge a board under the swing arm to lift the back up just enough to spin the tire. Once I pull it out, both tires are just barely touching and I can't easily rotate either one.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:42 PM   #64

centerstand woes

yep,, mine is not bent either ,,but now it doesnt lift rear wheel ,,for lubing the chain,,which is why i spent $100 for it ,,,its useless so i jsut took it off.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #65

Well, we have the answer to your Center Stand woes... check it out:

We added a leverage foot pad, and shortened the whole thing just a tad. It's now ready for prime time!

Here's video of how easy it is to get it up on the center stand. This is member K-Frost, she's only 5'8" and this is her first attempt.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:33 PM   #66

It still looks like her rear tire is on the ground.

/

Old 08-09-2015, 11:12 PM   #67

On the shop floor there is 1/2" of clearance, and the tire spins freely. The asphalt in front of the shop is uneven. You didn't see it, but I did spin the wheel off camera, and it was barely scraping. For the production models we are going to add back in 1/4" extra to the legs.

But the point is really what we accomplished here. Was to move the center stand pivot point rearward so the bike's weight is distributed to the front tire, unlike the current center stand option. AND the fact that I got a woman to use the center stand, since a lot of Cyclone buyers might be of smaller stature, female or first time riders.

This was a successful project, and I'm really pleased with the way it came out!

Old 08-09-2015, 11:15 PM   #68

EcoMouse, congrats on the development of the new center stand - I'm still struggling to be able to ge tmy bike up on the CSC center stand - wish I had waited to potentially purchase yours instead!

Old 08-09-2015, 11:30 PM   #69

I know, I wish I could have finished sooner. This is still a labor of love, and really, just a side project. I still have a workshop and design studio to run, gotta pay the bills first, play later.

I aim to have these projects self funded, but this wasn't the case, as there really isn't a large enough market for the Cyclone just yet. Had I made up something for the Tiger or GS800, I'd have already sold out the first batch.

But we've got a weld jig already set-up, and all the pieces are dialed in, so we know what to cut, how long where it fits etc. All to avoid waste, so common in short production runs.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:37 AM   #70

Congratulations on the successful design for the new centerstand, EM. Have you determined a price for it?

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-10-2015, 01:19 AM   #71

Yes, all things considered, and it actually being made in USA and offering FREE Shipping... we feel $240 is a fair market price.

Not to mention, this is a low production item. I can only bust out 20 at a time with my shop's current capabilities.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #72

centerstand woes

dang ,,,the stock centerstand is useless now ,,an im way short on cash ,cause i just bought a hd wide glide,,, or id get one of your centerstands to try...if theres any interest ,,i will sell the stock centerstand ,,,,it is not bent as i had originally thought...

Old 08-13-2015, 06:49 PM   #73

Centerstand deployment a bear.

Centerstand deployment is a mutha even when grabbing the crash bars which are hard to get but a couple of fingers around so....I'm thinking of mounting a rear peg upside down so when it pivots out I then would have a good grab handle to lift her up.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:53 PM   #74

New Centerstand looks easier than the stock one to deploy but man walking around to the right side to deploy sucks...There is a reason why all factory center stands deploy on the left.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:45 PM   #75

What difference does it make which side the leverage arm is on? A center stand only gets used in uneven terrain when your bike is fully loaded, or when you are performing a rear wheel maintenance of some kind. You aren't going to deploy it every time you get off your bike, are you?

One thing that we found, is that with the kickstand down, on the left-hand side, it was sort of a safety catch so the bike wouldn't tip over while you were trying to get the bike balanced for your center stand deployment. A new rider, or a female could easily tip the bike beyond recovery when trying to get the bike perfectly upright.

And remember, the center stand solution I came up with was very specifically created to overcome a balance issue with the stock center stand. When deployed, the feet of the stock center stand pivot well beyond the bike's center of gravity. Mainly because the 250cc power plant isn't very heavy to begin with. Thus allowing a rearward bias, and difficult to use the center stand unless you are physically strong enough to lift the bike on your own anyway. This isn't a CSC issue, it's just an oversight at Zongshen at where and how to install a center stand mounting points.

In order to create the pivot in the correct place, the hinging action needs to be a certain point, taking into account where the feet will in up under the bike when fully deployed. Also, we don't want to lower the bike's clearance anymore than it actually is. Sooo... where the center stand ended up became a fight between the kickstand, the chain and the swing arm, all while trying to maintain at least a 12" wide footprint. A leverage arm on the left would have interfered with any one of those things.

Walking around to the other side every once in awhile is a small price to pay to have a strong stable footprint that is easier to operate than what already exists.

That being said, I'm open to further examining the design and function of my center stand. I'm not locked into any design. But as it stands, it seems as if there is zero interest in this and I've really just wasted my time, except for the 3 bikes this will end up on.