Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 05-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #31

I will give you my opinion.

I bought the Hawk because it is priced as a throw away bike. I am not afraid to break something on it because parts are available all over Ebay and this forum is so helpful. The most I had done on my car was change my oil and change my rotors/pads. with this bike I have adjusted the valves and swapped spark plugs. Swapped the front sprocket and chain as well as other random items.

I put the hawk together over the course of two evenings. I spent ~$400 in mods and my total price is still under $1900. While I did look at the TT250 I couldn't justify spending the extra money.

I do believe CSC has said they will arrange to pay a local shop to do any warranty work you don't feel comfortable doing during the warranty period on the TT250. Also CSC has a good reputation for customer service.

With the Hawk I got a blinker module sent to me when it failed but that was a cheap part. If I needed something expensive I am not 100% sure I would have been as successful.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:06 PM   #32

I am like 90% on the edge of just buying the HAWK, the weather has final gotten nice where i live (OHIO) and all i can think about is how great it would feel to cruise my neighborhood learning all i can about riding. The only 10% that is stopping me is worrying about registering the thing. Hearing people say they have had issues and also walking into my local BMV and getting the response "we have no idea what information to give you" and even the guy at KillerMotorSports said it seems to be hit or miss with this bike. Has always got me second guessing the time and money being worth it... I need someone to push me that 10% lol

Old 05-24-2016, 06:13 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ss View Post
I will give you my opinion.

I bought the Hawk because it is priced as a throw away bike. I am not afraid to break something on it because parts are available all over Ebay and this forum is so helpful. The most I had done on my car was change my oil and change my rotors/pads. with this bike I have adjusted the valves and swapped spark plugs. Swapped the front sprocket and chain as well as other random items.

I put the hawk together over the course of two evenings. I spent ~$400 in mods and my total price is still under $1900. While I did look at the TT250 I couldn't justify spending the extra money.

I do believe CSC has said they will arrange to pay a local shop to do any warranty work you don't feel comfortable doing during the warranty period on the TT250. Also CSC has a good reputation for customer service.

With the Hawk I got a blinker module sent to me when it failed but that was a cheap part. If I needed something expensive I am not 100% sure I would have been as successful.

yea im definitely sticking with the HAWK (if i man up and buy it, ha.) i can not afford to really go any higher than that. I live in OHIO and the weather is never the greatest and i would only get about 2-3 months worth of good riding a year. so anything over my price range just isnt worth it to me. Im young still and cant afford to have another monthly payment, paying off a 3k bike. im just worried about the registration now more than building the thing. the street is really my only option and im not too worried about driving through my neighborhood on an unregistered bike while im learning. but eventually i want to ride it though the country parts and up to the beach & stuff, doing that on an unreg. bike is too risky for me

Old 05-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Wow, it you don't need the capabilities of the honda, this illustrates just what a great value even the tt250 is.
Absolutely!!

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-25-2016, 01:18 AM   #35

Nick, mabey you could talk to the d m v and see if they will plate the hawk?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-25-2016, 11:02 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Nick, mabey you could talk to the d m v and see if they will plate the hawk?

I went there the other day to ask if they could give me any info on what it takes to get a bike registered and all they said was "we dont have anything like that, i could give you the number of the Columbus office and you can see with them" so i dont even really know what to ask them. But what i might do is just go up there and tell them "i have a bike i need to register, what steps do i need to take to get it done?" and if they tell me all i need is a title and cash then ill assume that ill be able to register it without a problem. the guy at KillerMotorSports said the title come listed as MC (motorcycle) so i dont think they will hassle me on it

Old 05-27-2016, 10:09 AM   #37

Ohio

I live in Ohio as well and have been looking into the hawk for my first bike for some time now. I would be willing to go in on two of these with someone local to get a price break.

In Ohio you need to be able to get a title then any bmv will sell you plates. Getting a title is not clear to me yet. It seems like the seller will need to provide a manufacturer certificate of origin, take that to title office and they will provide title.

dandanthetractorman
Doylestown, Ohio

Old 05-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddttm View Post
I live in Ohio as well and have been looking into the hawk for my first bike for some time now. I would be willing to go in on two of these with someone local to get a price break.

In Ohio you need to be able to get a title then any bmv will sell you plates. Getting a title is not clear to me yet. It seems like the seller will need to provide a manufacturer certificate of origin, take that to title office and they will provide title.

dandanthetractorman
Doylestown, Ohio
Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

You will also probably need a bill of sale.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-29-2016, 04:30 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

You will also probably need a bill of sale.
Yes, the bill of sale will be used to determine sales tax when getting the title.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:07 AM   #40

The title place (in OHIO) said you would only need the MCO form and some sort of Bill of Sale and that would be it. So i think getting a title in Ohio wont be much of an issue

Tags
new rider, rps hwk 250