Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #46

Its Still there.

I have had Co-workers zip by there already. They said the lights are on and the guys truck was there.

Plus Shawn Stated He can get a hold of him.............The guy picks the Phone right up!

Old 01-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #47

New post's from the American Lifan Forum thread I Started...
These are not PM's they are from this thread...
http://www.americanlifan.com/lifan3/...pic.php?t=1397

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
It's Dennis right?

I do understand your frustration.. We have done our part in order to get this situation corrected...

What number to you have for the dealer? Maybe this is the problem? Also, PM me your number and I will have him call you.

Thanks again,

Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrt4
Yes, thats me.

Im not sure if you really understand my Frustration Shawn.
If I Ride my Bike and get pulled over.... My bike will be impounded. That's Directly from the State DMV In Jeff City..

I am sorry, I am not getting the Service I Expected From American Lifan again... I Went out of my way to get this bike from your Dealer. I paid more and traveled out of state.

I Do not want to Hear the line of BS from this Dealer again.
He Can Contact me at my Email Address which I will PM to you. I Do not want to speak to him.

He Has my Number, He Supposedly has My mailing address and he has my Email Address. Did you read any of my First post's. All this was stated..

5. I Just Want my MSO and I Want to Be Done with AMERICAN LIFAN.

If it takes you sending him another MSO.... Having him fill it out and Mail it back to you and Then you mail it to me, so be it. Maybe he will give a care if your waiting on it.

Even then, He probably won't fill out the correct areas like before and then it will be another fiasco...

Old 01-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #48

More from the American Lifan Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Even though, I really do not feel that your anger should be directed at American Lifan I will get with the dealer and see what his malfunction is...

Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrt4
It's not just directed at American Lifan.

But yes, I am in fact upset that American Lifan did not help more out with their Dealer on this issue and the past issues.

I Don't like reading stuff like this...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlifan
If anyone has a problem with a Lifan product that was purchased through our dealer network I would be glad to help. Email me: Shawn@americanlifan.com

Thanks,

Shawn
From ChinaRiders.net

And then Being told, "We are just a Distributor, We cant' help"

And now Finding out a Duplicate MSO was mailed to him and I Was never informed...

Obviously you did have some way to help and its only coming out now??

That's a little Upsetting bar none.
How do you think I Should direct this Anger after all of that??

Old 01-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #49

Well about the duplicate mso being sent, I don't see why A.L. would contact you? That is really business between the dealer and the distributor, the dealer should have let you know he was getting a new mso on the other hand.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
I expect Shaun to show up here soon, to smooth cooling balm on your pocketbook, and to sweep aside any bad press. He said we had a bad attitude, so I promised to be positive. I'm sure he will take care of you.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Well about the duplicate mso being sent, I don't see why A.L. would contact you? That is really business between the dealer and the distributor, the dealer should have let you know he was getting a new mso on the other hand.
That's all fine and dandy but when I called American Lifan and they said "We can't just print out a duplicate MSO "

That changes it up a bit. Don't you think?

Old 01-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #52

Yeah that does, they may need to work on their communication, maybe they meant what Shawn said here, that they can't just print it and give it to you, that it has to go through a retail dealership?

Old 01-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #53

well, i sure am glad they have everything strightened out , i just knew that american lifan wasnt at falt. dsrt i guess you just need to check the mail box im sure your correct mso is there, i bet if you told whoever pulled you over that lifan has sent it they would let you go
p.s.
i keep waiting for ed to swing by ever since i got that letter that said i was a winner 8O
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 01-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Yeah that does, they may need to work on their communication, maybe they meant what Shawn said here, that they can't just print it and give it to you, that it has to go through a retail dealership?
No.... They told me "We can't send a duplicate. He (dealer) has to fill out a affidavit saying what happend and you will have to send that to the state"

So.......To me that means no one is getting a Replacement MSO..

Old 01-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #55

Shawn:
There are so many posts on this site where people have said how much they like their Lifan, and so few post where people said they didn't. I loved my Xingyue and it didn't hold a candle to one of your Lifan bikes. That's a positive statement about Lifan, and it's the truth.

Is it possible to talk to your dealers and ask them to help the people buying Lifan street bikes, until they actually get their street bikes legally on the road?

If your dealers helped riders get their plates, or the plates were sent to the dealership, you sir would sell a lot of bikes next year.

Parts for the customer would become secondary. Third on the customer list would be the price of the bike, after licence and parts. Getting plates for a street bike is important to your customers, our site members.

By the time I hear about a member's problem, the person is usually a little angry and feeling ripped off. The only help I can be is how to get around the dealer, going to court if necessary.

Nevertheless, I have to remember you are a member here too. I am sorry if I've not been positive enough. Let me try to turn that around.

If someone here is upset, and I think you can help with their lifan problem, can I act as a mediator? That way you don't have to deal with a disgruntled customer, and the site member gets their problem solved, and Lifan's reputation gets further improved on this site.

I'll sign up to your site. I won't post to your forum. I'll just let you know when a member has a Lifan problem. You can work with the dealer, and me instead of an angry person. It'll be up to you if you want to help and increase the positive footprint of your target market. I really just want to help our members. I.F.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:32 AM   #56

IronFist, that is a good idea. I have my opinions of AL, and have had positive interactions with Shawn here on Chinariders, but I keep reading about these issues, and I feel some sort of "ownership" having been here so long, and reading how AL is supposed to be moving towards being an elite company among the Chinese; going along the lines of a mainline Japanese company. I could never imagine anyone buying a Suzuki, and getting such shoddy service not only from a dealer, but from Suzuki America (or whatever the US headquarters is called).

I know that a Lifan dealership might not be in the same "league," at this point, of a major label brand, but if someone paid good money for a bike, after having gone through AL's main office to obtain a dealer's name, and getting the runaround, I would expect the issue to be taken care of long before. Someone from AL should have followed up with the customer. I would think that if I was working for AL, I would have gone so far as having the customer swap the bike with me directly, and paying for the shipping, all to avoid the negative publicity. Dealing with the dealer later would have someone's a%$ on the line, or losing a franchise, but at least the customer could have come on here and said what a great thing that AL did, rather than AL blowing them off and saying that it is the dealer's issue. Now that it has blown up, Shawn is here trying to smooth things over, not the greatest feeling I can imagine, but a place where he didn't have to be, either!

I distinctly remember the ATVDiscounter bait and switch situation...ATVDiscounter posted a road-legal bike on their site, and sent out an off-road only to that member's state bike, that had originated from AL. No, it wasn't an authorized dealer, but the bikes did not come here through "gray" channels either--they were from AL who really should have stepped up to the plate and tried to mediate something with the guy. That really made me think twice of ever ordering from AL--if there is a bike I like, such as the GY-5 or a trail bike, I can find them elsewhere--I know that Hooper stocks the trail bikes, and seems to deal on the up and up, as I have never seen any of Hooper's customers here having to rant about his business. Paperwork has never been an issue with him, and he is, according to Lifan of China's website, not even supposed to be dealing in their products!

Then again, perhaps AL's issues stem from its home company in China. On the one hand, they have dealt directly with Hooper for years, and on the other hand they are ripping him a new one on their main site claiming that he is not supposed to be selling their products. What the heck?!

I am waiting for Qingqi, Shineray, or Galaxy to get here, and avoiding Lifan unless I really want that trailbike that I lusted after at the age of 10--but I will order it from Hooper, you can be sure of that!!

Old 01-28-2009, 12:41 AM   #57

I don't know how you can blame AL for the issues with ATVD, essential ATVD bought a whole sale lot of bikes, they didn't have any sort of contract for AL to offer warranty or support their customers. AL had nothing to do with that. ATVD is the one who was scamming and lying to people. And then after that we need to consider the source, the person who was posting on this subject probably was not doing his best to deal with them as it was, and not overly reliable as a source of information. Still AL did try to clear up how they may or may not have been involved in that.

This subject is way off topic. This is about dsrt4 needing a new mso from his dealership.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 AM   #58

Jim

You are so correct! This happens all the time on this forum! I have seen it on posts I have made numerous times, and others. Another issue about that post is this letter:
http://www.lifan.com/en//corpnews_li...5&parentid=358

it says nothing about Hopper imports, neither does The Am. Lifan US site. Then is mentioned Suzuki, I have in 8 3/4 yrs. in business seen written denials that Suzuki wouldn't cover a warranty. I have read it in Consumer Motorcycle News, "an independent magazine" also. Enough said. Go ahead..."Make My DAY".

Sorry about the thread robbery, now back to "dsrt4" issue.

dsrt4

Believe me, if Shawn says he's going to get something done he will. He has for me and I have for him, and many others. Yes there may be disgruntled Ex-Dealers and customers here on CR but you can't make everyone happy. No you will Not be banned from The Am. Lifan Forum, there is no reason for you to be banned.

I have said this before and will say it again. There has only been One User Banned from the Am. Lifan forum, I Banned him/her, acted as if he where a girlfriend of a person, amlifan, txredbird, etc on the forum.
No one answered the post of apology I made here about bans, if they could get on or not.
Believe me this will be corrected.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #59

Thanks for chiming in, Bruce. I take back some of what I said. If you would mail order, or move to Arizona, you are the only AL dealer I would ever deal with, but then again, I would buy SunL products off of you, too! It's you, Bruce, not the brand. I do think that AL has let down people, and are arrogant on top of that. Bruce, I think AL needs to hire you on in some capacity (with a big salary), and I would not hesitate to buy AL products--so I do take back some of what I said, but only if you are involved in the deal!

I do recommend anyone who has the luxury of living in the vicinity of EJCycles to deal with Bruce--no matter what brand he sells!!

Old 01-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #60

I second that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
I do recommend anyone who has the luxury of living in the vicinity of EJCycles to deal with Bruce--no matter what brand he sells!!

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"