Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2017, 08:53 AM   #1

SaferWholeSale.... Hawk 3 ?

They're advertising a shark as a hawk3. My guess it's since the original hawk became so popular they'd ride on its coat tails.

I purchased a hawk2 from them... aka "enforcer"

If anyone is looking for a bike they supposedly have these in stock

http://www.saferwholesale.com/Hawk-3...awk3enduro.htm

Old 05-06-2017, 10:20 AM   #2

Alan Tang at Excalibur told me someone purchased the last of the Sharks from Kandi USA, and his friends at Kandi wouldn't tell him who it was. It became apparent a few weeks later that Saferwholesale is the 'culprit', but my guess is the Sharks are limited in number, and Safer seems hit or miss with customer service, so buyer beware is the rule of the day! They are like most of the big online dealers--you purchase, but with an asterisk *

BTW--how is it going with Powersportsmax??

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-07-2017, 01:05 PM   #3

I disputed the charge with my CC company 28 days after I ordered the Hawk 1 due to not receiving the title or the replacement shipping damaged seat. I finally did receive both and sold the bike. The guy I sold it to was able to get it registered, so that was a relief.

I ended up buying a second bike (Hawk2 / Enforcer) SaferWholeSale. I received the paperwork and was able to register that bike. Unfortunately the bike has engine issues... piston slap and shifting issues. I purchased a 12 month parts only warranty with SaferWholeSale and have been in contact with them in regards of getting replacement parts. They say that they are in contact with the manufacturer and are awaiting a response. I asked them to just have a replacement engine shipped to me so we can get this over with.

My next bike will be something other than Chinese.

Old 05-07-2017, 02:25 PM   #4

Was the guy you sold the bike to in NJ? That would be odd if he was able to register it! Interesting that the Enforcer does not seem to use the same engine as the Hawk/Shark (which is old news) as that bike is on the same EPA certification--perhaps they slipped in a fast one? Usually, the engine is the LAST place you would expect these bikes to have issues.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-07-2017, 06:58 PM   #5

Yes, the guy is from New Jersey. I actually went to the dmv to title it in my name because they wouldn't allow me to hand off the mso without paying tax first. They registered it without blinking. When I went back to the same place to title and register mine they actually looked at the approval sheet to see if it was on there. At first they said it's not, but after I pointed it out they let it through.

The engines look the same with the exception of the side covers.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:51 AM   #6

So, after all that, NJ allowed a Hawk 1 to be registered? Odd!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #7

I know. What a fiasco.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl6935 View Post
Unfortunately the bike has engine issues... piston slap and shifting issues.
Odd. Out of all the years I've been playing with CB's, this is the very first CG motor issue, out of box, that I've ever heard of.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #9

Doh! Hawk 3 or Shark 250?

I purchased a Hawk 2 on saferwarehouse.com and was told if I paid by echeck they would ship as soon as it cleared. Well almost a month after the echeck cleared, I called to see the status of the order. They said they tried to get in contact with me because they no longer had the blue one in stock (they said they had that color when I ordered it), so they postponed shipment until I contacted them to tell them what other color I would choose. I asked what choices I had and they said red, orange, or green, and that the Hawk 3 was now available (which was the Hawk 2 with some enhancements). I told them I would take the red one. About a week later I was notified that the bike had shipped and would arrive on Tuesday, well it did arrive but on Thursday. The paperwork and box said it was the Hawk 3 Red, but when I tore the cardboard off it was a Bashan Shark 250 green in color. Different Manufacturer and different bike than I ordered? No assembly instructions whatever. These people suck and have no quality control whatsoever. Don't believe anything they tell you. It has been 3 days since I received the bike and contacted them about this mess up and have yet to receive a reply. Will try again on Monday (even though the say 24/7 you can only contact customer support on weekdays. Stay away from this company... I will probably keep the Shark 250 as I have heard that although it is made by different manufacturer, it is basically the same bike as the Hawk 3. Does anyone have information on this? Also, any assembly instructions would be appreciated.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #10

Moose, you will be happy with the "shark"

When you say "hawk 3" what kind of bike did you expect? These generic names are just made up by who ever is selling them at that point in time. I'm sorry you didn't realize this but I think the shark is just as capable as the , as you put it , the "hawk 2" (which is also a bashan)

Safer has had a history of bait and switch.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-14-2017, 12:55 PM   #11

Moose you scored. That is a better bike and it is made by the same company. Welcome to the forum.

Old 05-14-2017, 05:59 PM   #12

The Shark is considered the 'premium bike of the 3 that they name as 'Hawk.' Actually, legally, the Hawk is the one sold by RPS, and manufactured by Haosen. The one they decided to name the 'Hawk 2' really and truly has no name other than Bashan BS250GY-18D. ASPCUSA renamed it the 'Enforcer' so that is the common name we ('we' collectively on chinariders) call it. Saferwholesale, as most of these online retailers tend to do, renamed the Bashan Shark 250 as the 'Hawk 3.' However, like I mentioned, it is the premium bike in the Bashan lineup. It comes with a good carb and 17 front/46 rear sprockets, and the counterbalanced engine, while the Hawk and the 'Enforcer' do not.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-15-2017, 01:25 AM   #13

no assembly manual available but if you run into a part you dont know where it goes just post a pic and someone will tell ya!
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 05-15-2017, 03:36 PM   #14

Thumbs Up Hawk 3 or Shark 250?

Thanks for the response. I feel better knowing this bike is not a inferior bike.