Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2019, 12:50 PM   #1

Question Hello from NE North Dakota

New to the forum. I've owned a lot of japanese bikes in the past. Currently have an xt350(blowed up need to get around to fixing) and a TW200. started looking for a cheap commuter/loaner bike i can put some miles on without caring about it. Was looking at a TBR7 but I am sort of leaning toward a brozz blue eagle now. Can someone please enlighten me as to the differences between the 2018 Brozz, 2018 Brozz Blue Eagle, and 2019 Brozz. Sort of confuzed there. Also anyone else in the NW minnesota North Dakota area on here? Thinking about going through Peace Sports. Anyone have any experiences with them to share? Do they charge shipping?

Old 11-03-2019, 09:33 PM   #2

Welcome here! Jeff at Peacesports is top notch; I am guessing you were already planning on using it, but go through www.Brozz250.com for the $1750 deal. I believe it does include shipping, too .

The TBR7 seems to be a stout bike. There are a few members not reporting any real problems with the bike, and it will cost you several hundred less. The problem is, as with most any dealer, is it seems to be hit or miss to get the paperwork. Your main piece of paper is the MCO, and some dealers take a couple weeks, and then it isn't signed, so you have to send it back, etc. Peacesports sends the MCO and Bill of Sale with the bike, so you can theoretically title and register it the same day you receive it. The Brozz comes directly from the importer/distributor and they are conscientious enough to send the paperwork, and Jeff is active here on Chinariders. He doesn't always check in, but when he does, he drinks a Dos Equis… just kidding (he might drink a Budweiser); but he does check in here regularly.

The differences: the 2018 Brozz was a bike that was ordered by Peace to replicate what they were selling in 2014 and/or 2015. The Brozz was distributed by one or two other distributors after Peace, but then they got them back in 2018. Those bikes were highly regarded, but they came with a rear drum and standard forks. Many members here complained to Jeff when he introduced himself and told us Peace would once again be the US distributor for the Brozz. The company listened and came out with the Blue Eagle Brozz which included rear disc brakes, USD forks, and some other upgrades one of which might be braided lines (someone can clarify). The 2019 Brozz is just a carryover from the 2018, but they did not need the extended name 'Blue Eagle' to differentiate it from anything else as they only came with all the upgrades starting with the Blue Eagle. It might just be what you need, if you don't mind having a rear drum and standard forks for your needs. That is if they have any of those still in stock. You will have to contact Jeff if you wanted one. I am guessing the price will be lower on a 2018 Blue Eagle vs. a 2019. Hope that helps!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-04-2019, 09:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross19907 View Post
New to the forum. I've owned a lot of japanese bikes in the past. Currently have an xt350(blowed up need to get around to fixing) and a TW200. started looking for a cheap commuter/loaner bike i can put some miles on without caring about it. Was looking at a TBR7 but I am sort of leaning toward a brozz blue eagle now. Can someone please enlighten me as to the differences between the 2018 Brozz, 2018 Brozz Blue Eagle, and 2019 Brozz. Sort of confuzed there. Also anyone else in the NW minnesota North Dakota area on here? Thinking about going through Peace Sports. Anyone have any experiences with them to share? Do they charge shipping?
Peace was the best business transaction I've ever had in buying a bike online. He sent all the paper work to register and title with the bike. I had my new license plate and biked titled even before I had the bike fully built in the same day I received the bike! No waiting that was the best and smooth transaction at DMV.

Old 11-05-2019, 06:38 PM   #4

Well i decided to pull the trigger on a 2018 brozz blue eagle. I called and talked to Jeff at peace sports and he was very personable and easy to work with. The bike apparently shipped tonight already so thats kind of impressive in my opinion. Apparently this was the last brozz blue eagle available so I decided to snap it up since it was a good price. Thanks for the input guys and I will update when I take delivery some time next week. Ive never bought a chinese bike before so Im pretty excited to see how this all goes!

Old 11-07-2019, 07:22 PM   #5

hi ross109907....just caught this post,...I believe you will be very satisfied with your choice...as Musictrek says,..this was the best buying experience for myself, also, for a Chinese bike,..being my third.
Jeff and Peace Sports, and his staff,...are the best you will deal with. And the bike is great. My delivery to Virginia was less than 48 hours,....and the paperwork was 100% in order.....and included with the bike....no waiting.

Your assembly should go smooth, if you follow the advice on these forums, and some of the Youtube videos available. note: you should definitely check the valves,..mine were very tight, probably backing them off 1 to 2 complete turns before getting to any clearance at all.
2019 Brozz 250

Old 11-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #6

Glad to hear everyone has had such good experiences with peace sports. Mine has been great so far. Bike shipped same day and is somewhere between Omaha and fargo now. I'll probably have it early next week. I'm excited to start the assembly process and check it over. Planning on checking valves and chain tension, wheel alignment, and loctiting everything. Do you guys recommend immediately swapping oil or let it be for a few miles as a break in? Also how's the carb from the factory? I'm assuming I'll have to rejet it but how have yours been? I'm at about 800ft by the way. Is the carb "tamper proof" on this bike?

Old 11-10-2019, 07:44 AM   #7

hi ross19907...sounds like you have a good plan for your assembly process....as far as the oil,..you read opinions both ways on here,..but for myself, I figure, its only 1 qt,..I like to know its got good fresh, quality oil in it from the start..I use Shell Rotella T4 15W-40, as do many on here,.....in all my bikes I have had, for many, many years (also,..even though my original oil, on the stick, and in the site glass, looked pretty good,..it didnt look so good after I drained it out, in my drain pan...)
I did change the brake fluid also,...put in DOT 4,....but unlike the engine oil,..the brake fluid looked quite good,...I certainly wouldn't call changing that out a priority...
For the carb,..honestly,..its pretty good just as it comes...I am at 1000'...it rarely needs any choke at all cold start,...idles great,..and really is plenty good enough just as it is.
2019 Brozz 250

Old 11-10-2019, 09:54 PM   #8

Congrats on buying a china bike. I'm a ND rider in Bismarck.

Tags
brozz, north dakota