Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2017, 02:51 PM   #1

Need help, coolster 110 no spark.

My daughters 110 was running great last weekend and we were about to finish up a 30 mile ride when we decided to stop at a scenic lookout before the end of the trail. We shut down for about 1/2 hr and then when we went to leave, her 110 wouldn't start. I checked the plug and had no spark. So I towed it with my Sportsman the rest of the way back to the truck.

I'm Trying to figure it out now, still no spark. Checked the electronic remote control shut down gizmo. Swapped cdi with my other daughters working 110. Checked the kill switch condition, checked all grounds. I'm stumped.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:07 PM   #2

KISS What about the plug?

Old 08-26-2017, 05:15 PM   #3

Start backwards from the plug until you find power. plug, plug wire, coil. You get the idea. Google/YouTube for any instructions you need. For instance 'how do I check if my coolster coil is bad'. Lots of help and videos on the net. In fact first thing I would Google is 'no spark coolster'.

/

Old 08-26-2017, 06:44 PM   #4

So using your advice, I've determined the stator is bad. And double checked readings with meter against running quad. Running unit has 360 ohms on black/red stripe wire to ground coming from engine. Non running has zero ohms.
Took side cover off and sure enough the cool is damaged. The slide that keeps starter chain snug fell off and down into stator and damaged wiring. Now I need to locate a stator for a 110 coolster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (93.0 KB, 2016 views)

Old 08-27-2017, 03:20 PM   #5

http://www.whygostock.com/taotao-atv...tator-110-125/

Old 08-28-2017, 11:59 AM   #6

110 stator

tons of them on ebay and local Chinese dealers near you... google your area... yes that is what happens when the chain is not right.... loose , out of alignment... etc... costly problem... check chain adjustment,,, chain oil... check fuel... check tires..... THEN RIDE!!!!! OH YA..... PUT YOUR HELMET ON TIGHT.... LOL

Old 04-16-2018, 10:50 AM   #7

my boys coolster 125 wont start. took start switch apart and was able to briefly get it to start on its own but now nothing again

Old 04-17-2018, 01:50 PM   #8

Won,t start

we need to understand... won.t start means it will not turn over... will not fire up... is NO SPARK... this saves a lot of questions,... if it turns over and no fire.... check KILL SWITCHES ,, check black and white wire on CDI for grounding... put test light to positive post on battery ,,, touch the other end to the black & white wire... middle wire top row of CDI... if it lights up... then something is grounding CDI... if this happens.. remove wire from plug connection to CDI,,, check spark again at plug.... if no spark... try a new plug.. ( if no spark when you ground the plug to frame , or be man and hold it in hand,,,) sometimes if you have spark at plug... and put it in the engine and no spark... you may have a bad plug,,, check with ohm meter to see if grounding to sparkplug case... it happens and drives you nuts..if these are all good... you should be able to fire it up.... if no spark... check stator... lots of youtube on how to check stator for spark easy test..